The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default OTTB doing freestyle dressage

That is so awesome! I am posting on the TB's in dressage thread in the dressage forum!
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Love it!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Thanks for the video, I just posted to my Facebook page. Brought tears to my eyes. Loved it.

Glad you liked it as much as I did. Silva Martin is a Grand Prix dressage rider from Germany, now riding for the USA. She is married to Australian native, Boyd Martin, upper level event rider, also now riding for the USA. They are a lovely talented young couple. Unfortunately, they recently had a barn fire that killed 6 of Boyd's show horses. I believe 5 horses were saved.

Fabulous!!! And they say only warmbloods can make is as dressage stars. LONG LIVE THE OTTB!!!!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Which Sea Lord is he? The Sea Salute x Graceful Glory? People who breed TB sport horses will want to know.
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. Revelation 19:11

"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Very cool. Looks like he never raced though, from what Equineline says. Regardless, a very very nice horse.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Default How cool!

I was all choked up watching this. I was anxious to check the breeding because I wondered if he was a son of Sea Salute. And he is.

Roger Toffolon has a somewhat small breeding operation, but we landed one of his Sea Salute foals, a filly named We'll Sea Ya, who was a bargain basement yearling ($1000) who broke her maiden for special weight at Finger Lakes her first time out and went on to win two Stakes races. She was a really nice horse.

Thanks for the vid!

I was going to post this until I saw that he didn't actually run. His owner calls him an OTTB, so maybe he was in training and just didn't make it. Interesting though that he is somewhat related to a fellow Cother's stallion Sea Accounts. Cy ran, evented, and is now doing (I believe) 4th level dressage. VERY unusual for either of these horses to compete successfully at the level they do in dressage
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George