The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jingles for my Jack

Bug is at Tufts! I'm awaiting his ultrasound results. He's been there for 24 hours and they don't seem to know what's wrong, which I hate. Worried.

Jingles for my Little Man?!? Thx.

Big-time Jack jingles for the Bug....He's in very good hands. What's up with him?

Bug (as in DoodleBug) is one of my puppies 3 main names, the others being Birdie and Nuttier, as in P-Nuttier, since she wasnt just Peanutty, she was nuttier. She knows all three, smart girl.

Jingles from a Bug to a Bug!

Jingles for your Jack... Tufts is my alma mater for vet school, and I know they'll get to the bottom of what's ailing your Bug !
    Last edited by Pancakes; Jun. 24, 2011 at 12:05 AM.

Jingles for Bug! All 16 paws crossed that the docs get to the bottom of Bug's problem.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Default Bug Update

Alright, Bug has had surgery to remove a piece of what turned out to be a tennis ball. He had a partial blockage in his small intestine. His sister is a Golden for whom carrying a ball around is like breathing. He has been visited by the entire family tonight, brought his lovies and thoroughly snuggled. He cannot come home until Sunday which totally bums us out but needs to be.

Okay, names. We let the kids name most things. The horses have proper show names but wouldn't know them if called.

Love Bug - the super sweet JRT
    Goldilocks - the super sweet Golden
    Snoopy - the black & white Paint
    Micky Mouse - ISH named Mick over there (16.3 and the girls call him Mouse - LOL!)
    Pumpkin - the neon orange Welsh pony
    Fluffy - the puffy haired hamster

Hopefully all goes well from here and he comes home soon. He has some girls that seriously want to baby/nurse him back to health.

Thanks for the jingles!
    Last edited by Leprechaun; Jun. 24, 2011 at 08:10 AM.

OOOhhh didn't we just have a thread on the dangers of tennis balls? Glad Bug is going to be okay. Maybe time to get Goldilocks a couple of kong balls.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Jingles for a speedy and uneventful recovery for the Love Bug! I suspect he's getting lots of love from the techs at Tufts--who could resist a Jack named BUG??? Doggie prayers out to you.

Yes, we are going to have to come up with a new fetish for Goldie. I think we'll try all frisbee first. They are 2nd to the tennis ball in her mind and are about to become her only option. Too bad, give me a racquet or lacrosse stick and I can wear her out in 15 mins. I guess my frisbee skills will improve.

Also yes, a cute little JRT seemed to be the center of attention at Tuft's. The master of his domain - just like home - perfect! If only it was a bit quieter, equipped with 2 warm bodies, a king size bed and his favorite Ariat blankie. Hope he can fall asleep with out Chelsea Lately on. He'll also be dejected at the thought of mere dog food while in the hospital. What do you mean no mix-ins?!?

I'll have to find the tennis ball thread. Maybe Bug's scary story ought to be added. I remember Oprah had a Golden choke on one a few years ago and die. It crossed my mind every once in a while but just thought it was one of those bizarre things. I've had Golden's obsessed with tennis balls my entire life with no problem but...

Anyway, thanks again for the jingles.
    Last edited by Leprechaun; Jun. 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

Lovely 1121 - My DH and I are wondering where is the arm pit of the nation?!? We have some thoughts but no consensus.

Default You can still play with a tennis ball

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    Yes, we are going to have to come up with a new fetish for Goldie. I think we'll try all frisbee first. They are 2nd to the tennis ball in her mind and are about to become her only option. Too bad, give me a racquet or lacrosse stick and I can wear her out in 15 mins. I guess my frisbee skills will improve.

Also yes, a cute little JRT seemed to be the center of attention at Tuft's. The master of his domain - just like home - perfect! If only it was a bit quieter, equipped with 2 warm bodies, a king size bed and his favorite Ariat blankie. He'll also be dejected at the thought of mere dog food while at the hospital. What do you mean no mix-ins?!?

I'll have to find the tennis ball thread. Maybe Bug's scary story ought to be added. I remember Oprah had a Golden choke on one a few years ago and die. It crossed my mind every once in a while but just thought it was one of those bizarre things. I've had Golden's obsessed with tennis balls my entire life with no problem but...

Anyway, thanks again for the jingles.
    Sending jimgles for Bug. He should be OK now that the surgery is over. I'll bet he is a tough little bugger. :-)

We have a policy of always taking the tennis ball back after play and training and storing them away. We have 3 Dobes that love the ball and would chew it up very easily. You would have to be very dilligent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    Lovely 1121 - My DH and I are wondering where is the arm pit of the nation?!? We have some thoughts but no consensus.
    Could it be anywhere other than New Joisey??? We got terrorists, we got Housewives, we got Snookie...a ride up the NJ Turnpike must've been the impetus for the moniker. I can always smell when I'm close to home

On the other hand, we got Gladstone, we got the Horse Park, we got the Jersey Shore-actually, I guess that one should be in the previous list.

What were your other choices? There have to be 2 armpits-- I cant think of another state that comes close, and I'm perversely proud of that

How's the Bug?

You are too funny. My DH was thinking Gary, Indiana. I was thinking Arizona. Sorry Arizona folks but I had the worst trip of my life...

Bug is alright. He needs to eat to come home. He won't eat for them, especially since they are sticklers for no people food. I got him to eat 1/2 a can yesterday and am hoping they got the other 1/2 down later.

Crossing my fingers for a positive morning update call and the go ahead to coming home. Mentally he'll do SO MUCH better at home with his harem doting on him!

I hope he comes home today...who wouldn't recover better in the paradise you have? Its stunning! Keep us posted?

Thank you and YAY! We just got the call and are on our way to pick him up!!!

So happy to hear your dear Bug will be coming home today!

Our dog loves the "Dental Kong toy with rope" (sorry, don't know how to post an image and/or link yet). She's on her 3rd one and takes it everywhere!

So glad to hear that Bug's on his way home! Hope he has a full and uneventful recovery!