The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hurdle, point to point, 'chaser folks..

Anyone know anything about a gelding named Mucho Boca? He was bred in Louisiana and I think he raced there before (supposedly) embarking on a hurdling career. He's a 1990 model chestnut and I have no idea how often (or if at all) he actually ran over jumps.

This question is just to satisfy curiosity as he's my current primary mount. I'd love to know if any COTHer's out there had heard of him. Since the 'chasing world is pretty small, I figured it was worth a shot.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Central Entry Office has no record of him in their databases. They have a pretty updated history of reported wins/results/etc. It's not a full history, but fairly accurate. Equibase also lists some of the sanctioned meet results on a horses PP's. It appears Equibase has him racing on the flat until he was 9.

I'm going to assume based on CEO not having a record of him and his flat record, that he was never a 'chaser. Sorry.

No reason for "sorry."
    Thank you Steele Rdr. I was told he'd been a hurdler and had no reason to doubt it. Possibly he was in training or had been in a jumping barn. Those kinds of misunderstanding/miscommunications happen alot between race people and riding people. I appreciate your research!

He's a lovely horse that I've started to ride a bit since my lease horse passed away. He's quite sensistive and lights up very easily, even at 21years. Funny thing was that I recently saw a great pic of the US eventing team in the late 70's. All 4 horses have very similar carriage and this horse has a similar build and carriage and it really struck me that he probably would have made a decent eventer. He's catty and athletic and in the day he liked to jump pretty big stuff.
    F O.B

Yo Linny....

Your voicemailbox is full. And I remembered that horse's name... Man From Wicklow!!!

Call me.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

I'd love to clear my VM's but I can't find my d@mned phone!
    F O.B

OMG..... Seriously how are you gonna get through the Spa without a phone???

~Em
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    OMG..... Seriously how are you gonna get through the Spa without a phone?
    She can get by the old school way

I think there is one near Sirro's

LMAO

Hey Glimmer... I dunno. People touch that!!! You know at least by the grocery store carts there are dispensers for sanitizing wipes.

I need wipes before I am gonna touch that!!!!

~Em

Come on - look at the picture, it even has a place to hold a paper-wrapped beverage! Let's see the iphone have an app for doing that