The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rolling Rock Pony Club Mini-Trial NE Ohio/ Aug 14th weekend

Anyone been to this Mini-trial? If so what was your opinion on the course? Was it a professional course like stone gate/south farm??

Open to suggestions for trials the weekend of Aug 14th in or near Ohio. BN.

I've been twice. It is a nice show to start your season off. Jumps are low and beginner friendly. I've only done the starter division there so I can't really comment on anything higher. My division was pretty straight forward. I am pretty sure they did a CT for anything higher than N. Those jumps (separate ring from where I showed) were colorful and more standard to size.
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Er... Rolling Rock is not in Ohio. It's east of Pittsburgh. Did you think it was or am I just misreading your post title?

Erie Hunt and Saddle Club has their second recognized trial that weekend in August. The course is friendly but has water (can't remember if it's optional or not), footing is good, plenty of stabling.
    Tru : April 14, 1996 - March 14, 2011
    Thank you for everything boy.

Better View.

let me jump in and ask too... website or other info? And what levels are they running? This might be a good event for us to head to but I hadn't heard of it.

It's in between Ligonier and Laughlintown, PA. I haven't shown there, but been there many times, as I only live about 20 minutes away. I hope you decide to come The website is out of date, but here's the contacts page. They are also on facebook and may update more there. It's a nice place and seems nicely run.

http://www.rollingrockhuntponyclub.org/about.htm#Club
    Boyle Heights Kid 1998 OTTB Dark Bay Gelding
    Tinner's Way x Sculpture by Hail to Reason
    "Once you go off track, you never go back!"

I guess it isn't in Ohio. Just close to. It's part of the northeastern ohio mini-trial series.

The other mini-trials have a little of everything from starter division to prelim. Not sure about this one as I have never been.

BoyleHeightsKid- Thanks for the Info!!

http://www.minitrialseries.org/

No, it isn't in Ohio but it is part of the NE Ohio Mini Trial series.
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Quote Originally Posted by oldpony66 View Post
    let me jump in and ask too... website or other info? And what levels are they running? This might be a good event for us to head to but I hadn't heard of it.

It's http://www.ehsc-lhpc.org and they go up to Intermediate, not sure about Advanced. It's a smaller venue, doesn't attract any big names or anything, but they run two HT's a year.
    Tru : April 14, 1996 - March 14, 2011
    Thank you for everything boy.

Better View.

Quote Originally Posted by katie+tru View Post
    It's http://www.ehsc-lhpc.org and they go up to Intermediate, not sure about Advanced. It's a smaller venue, doesn't attract any big names or anything, but they run two HT's a year.
    Thanks! lol, being a mini-trial I was just wondering if they went up to Novice... no Intermediate (or advanced ) going on here! I'm going to look into it... would be nice to drive west for a change.

So does the rolling rock pony club organize the mini-trial at Erie hunt and Saddle club?? or are these two different events (sorry, not fully caffeinated yet)

EHSC and the RRPC are two different events in two different places. EHSC hosts 2 recognized horse trials. Rolling Rock hosts a mini-trial that is run under the NEO Mini Trial Series... no this isn't Ohio, but we all know there is precious little in this area and I'll take it where I can.

Anyway, follow the link JenArby posted. www.minitrialseries.org
    It does run up to novice though my experience with the mini-trial novice is that very little will be max if anything. It is a nice facility, and I'm hoping the greenie will be ready to go this year. I've been trying to get there for several years but something always manages to go wrong.