The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cross-Post: Qualifying for USDF's SHB Region Championship Finals

I have two questions regarding the Sport Horse Breeding classes offered by the USDF. I'm interested in campaigning my two year in the series for the rest of the year.

1. Qualifying. It seems clear that one must qualify for the region finals, but it is unclear in the information I have found just how that is done. Is it by score or placements? How many shows does this need to be done at? If it makes a difference, this is for Region 7 (California).

2. Memberships. What organizations do I need to join so that the performances count towards going to finals? CDS? USDF? Both? Who needs to be registered? Myself or just the colt? I will be the handler and owner. I rather only do one or the other, if possible. Both the colt and I are already registered with USEF.

Thank you!

RE: Qualifying - Starting last year (I believe), scores of 77% qualify you at a USDFBC qualifying show. Or you must win Champion or Reserve at a qualifying show/class. On the USDF website, there should be a list of shows for Region 7 that are USDFBC Qualifying shows.

So, you would enter your class, say colts of 2010, then he would need to place 1st or 2nd in that class to get in the Championship Colt class at that show. He needs to get a Champ or Reserve in that class to qualify. Or there is also something that if he is third and the first two are already qualified horses for the USDFBC final, then the third place gets in.

You will probably need to be a Participating Member of USDF - that means separate from your CDS membership.

ETA: read this over: http://www.usdf.org/docs/ShowFlash/w...CPrizeList.pdf