The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Gah! I'm addicted to TV

We tried to do without Dish TV, but it was too much!
    Besides all the sell this house shows, we watch the history channel and national geographic, plus news and weather.

That makes it ok, doesn't it???? I watch shows with some redeeming qualities?

It beats a few other addictions, and it's educational. It really helped me with house buying and selling. And you need to watch the weather so you don't get surprised by something, so it's all good.

Since I'm watching a Bridezillas marathon so you are definitely in better shape than I am. O.K. I'm also looking at the Hoarders marathon on TLC, and just had to laugh at Debbie in West VA, because she has 150 Breyer horses, including one she bought for $2,500! No, I didn't misplace a decimal either.
    Last edited by JanM; Jun. 12, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I'm an HBO addict. I also TIVO about 7 hours of thoroughbred racing a week and watch it at my leisure.

Our TV is only connected to a digital converter, so for us it is cheap entertainment. Movie tickets to new shows run about $13.50 per seat--too expensive. I can use that money for other things, so we enjoy television.

I am a PBS addict. I love the create channel for travel shows and cooking shows, NOVA, Great Performers, Masterpiece Theater, and All Things Great and Small. The CW has old movies, Mr. Ed, and also reruns of The Closer every Sunday night; Antennae TV has old sitcoms; I also love Universal Sports, network golf, and hubby loves watching NASCAR.

Network shows we love: Big Bang Theory, NCIS, and Grey's Anatomy.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Law & Order - every chance I get - especially CI, and the old L&O's with Michael Moriarity. I was overseas alot in the 90's, so didn't start watching them until the past few years. The nice thing about them is that I know them all so well, I can work on what I should be doing, and don't miss a thing.

Of course, must watch the big stakes, friends' races, etc.

And finally, the old movie channels - love Bette Davis, Katherine Hepburn, etc.

It is definitely acceptable if this world is getting you down, and you need some semblance of intelligent conversation...or don't!

We have direct and don't think we could survive with out it.
    We mostly record and watch things when we can.

Sunday's is the Nascar race, Ax Men, Ice Road Truckers and the Glades
    Monday is Secret life, Switched at Birth, American Pickers and Pawn Stars and Orange county Choppers Sr. Vs Jr.
    Tuesday is NCIS and what ever we have recorded
    Wednesday is Criminal Minds and July 13th Rescue Me.
    Thursday We can not Miss Swamp People
    Friday is watching what we have recorded that we hadn't watched
    Sat night is Bull Riding and catching up on other shows along with
    Sons of Anarchy.

We always watch Idol through the auditions if there are people we like
    that make it we watch it till they either go home or win.

Another vote for Ice Road Truckers, since we lived in Alaska and DH worked in Prudhoe Bay. We've been watching Bull Riding since we lived in Alaska.
    Love Swamp People.
    We go for the Frasier, Law and Order, and Becker re-runs and of course, Deadliest Catch. I wish they had Northern Exposure on again. Very good rep of Alaskan life, with some boo-boos, such as maple trees, growing corn in the garden, and counties instead of Burroughs.

OMG on IRT I just love Alex and Lisa.
    On Swamp People I like Willie and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mitch and Glenn.
    On Ax Men I absolutely love SHELBY and think he needs his own show.
    On Chopper I have adored both Sr. and Mikey from the get go.

First off I don't do daytime TV or soaps or afternoon talk show stuff, BUT I'm addicted come the fall/winter/spring season of evening TV. Fortunately there isn't much on in the summer but I'm RETIRED so I actually have time to watch without it interfering with the farm work.

This summer I did watch the Voice and I'm currently still watching America's Got Talent as well as local and national news at 6-7PM. I looked at a couple more the first show and decided nothing else looks good.

Fall/winter/spring season is disasterous though! Several nights there are shows on several different channels at the same time. Thank god for DVR's and VCR's.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I LOVE Swamp People. Love it.

I love the FOX shows. But rarely if ever watch network tv any more. Will watch Nature on PBS. Our PBS has too much biased political and religious stuff.

I watch other stuff on the directv.

It is tour de France now. I have watch many years of the TdF.

Lovely lovely scenery. They have the best camera folks, and commentators. Oh, and the riders are also lovely. WHAT athletes they are. Some eye candy for sure in their bodies. woooooo. : - P

Quote Originally Posted by ManyDogs View Post
    We tried to do without Dish TV, but it was too much!
    Besides all the sell this house shows, we watch the history channel and national geographic, plus news and weather.

That makes it ok, doesn't it???? I watch shows with some redeeming qualities?

you need a 12 step program....

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.