The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default AC4H at it again

Interesting storyline...some of you who are more knowledgeable than I need to wade in.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=308321
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Great. And there are people over there defending them. Sigh.
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Sure... i will wade in.

Buyer beware. I have done business with them and never had a problem.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    Sure... i will wade in.

Buyer beware. I have done business with them and never had a problem.
    You've been lucky. My guess is that most anyone who calls up, picks out a horse, sends the whole amount and arranges for transport directly would not have a problem. Or at least the odds would be decreased.

Any deviation from the above might result in a different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    You've been lucky. My guess is that most anyone who calls up, picks out a horse, sends the whole amount and arranges for transport directly would not have a problem. Or at least the odds would be decreased.

In other words, follow the randsom note to a "T" and be sure to come alone?
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I guess so

I sent the money, they shipped me a horse. They did exactly what they said they would do.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

I have gotten 3 horses from them at 3 different times, and never had any problems. I sent in the money and picked up the horses.
    Happy Hour-TB
    Cowboy Casanova - Brandenburg
    Isadora - Palomino TB

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post

EXACTLY. As someone else said... follow the ransom note exactly as written.

Quote Originally Posted by Buglet View Post
    I have gotten 3 horses from them at 3 different times, and never had any problems. I sent in the money and picked up the horses.
    I believe the issues come when it is not such a clean transaction. People fundraising m multiple people sending donations, services paid for and not provided..plenty of time for things to go off the rails.

I have gotten a couple horses from them over the years with no problems. I have seen some of the negative stuff on fugly about them but honestly.... I wouldn't want just anyone showing up whenever they felt like it to pick up a horse that I hadn't received any money for. Paypal takes a few days to transfer the money after they remove it from the payers account. The beauty of paying that way tho is you can get your money back if something goes wrong. There will always be "haters" with rescues, breeders etc... you can't please everyone. I'm glad that they are able to save some of the horses. Makes me wonder how many you don't see that don't get saved.
    My Quarter Horse can beat up your 4th level Dressage Horse. Riding is the art of keeping the horse between you and the ground. Mean people suck and you can't fix stupid!

There are better brokers in PA if that's what you want to deal with. The others will let you free lease a horse for the winter, and will also let you exchange a horse you bought if they don't work out. AC$H is not a rescue, they are selling horses which would be fine if they didn't lie about it.

A few weeks ago. Christy contacted trainerX about a horse she sold for an owner in 2007. The trainer was just shocked to be approached by this, and the huge costs demanded all the cloak and dagger stuff, and then really stunned by the *truck is coming/you buy or the horse dies* tactic.

If anyone has been approached by this, please contact Ann Rusick ... 540-817-9263.

What Christy didnt know, was she contacted a rescue official of a very large organization.
    Its not in someone elses backyard anymore....... your Pres brought it home.
    Racing>Business As Usual @PN

AC$H is not a rescue, they are selling horses which would be fine if they didn't lie about it.
    They're both, rescue and broker. Or broker middleman.

You know what transaction you're doing when you look at their website. The top of the page tells you if you're on the Broker Owned page or the adopt a rescue page.

Other way to tell is when you fill in a bill of sale as opposed to an adoption agreement.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte