The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Please STOP wearing pantyhose with peep toes and sandals

That is all.
    Last edited by Coreene; May. 31, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Could you also add "take off all that scaly skin on your heels before wearing sandals"
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

I know that it's not fashionably correct to wear pantihose with sandals, but personally I'd prefer not seeing their old callused lumpy toes, or scaley heels. And since it seems to be older women that commit this faux pas, I am usually inclined to be grateful to them for doing so.

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Oh honey, it's nothing a good pedicure can't fix. Or, if you're too far from Pedicureland, a lil' pumice stone, some Bag Balm or Corona before bed and cotton socks over it, and the next morning your tootsies will be much improved!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    Oh honey, it's nothing a good pedicure can't fix. Or, if you're too far from Pedicureland, a lil' pumice stone, some Bag Balm or Corona before bed and cotton socks over it, and the next morning your tootsies will be much improved!
    But you can't go up to them and tell them that!!

I disagree! I love a pair of cute demi-sheer colored tights peeking out from some peeptoes

I hate pantihose period. White pantihose should be outlawed.

Also could you please CUT your toenails short. Can't stand long toenails no one should have long toenails!

My 89 year old grandmother wears nylons with shorts - she says it's because her legs are so white. (To be fair, she does not look 89 - skin as smooth as a 45 year-olds).

Also - and hate to say it, but this one's aimed mainly at those with darker skin tones - that you are wearing hose does NOT hide the fact that your legs have not seen a razor since Bush One was president. Pantyhose amplify the unshaven effect - all the hair just wads up into unsightly little balls under the fabric, and it's gross.

I hate pantihose period.
    YES. Ugly. With any outfit.

At work, I asked for the manual to be changed to read "if you wear flip flops or sandals at minimum please clip your toenails, a fresh coat of nail polish would be even better". It's sad I had to ask this.
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

Better than guys wearing black business socks with sandals.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

You mean people still wear pantyhose?
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

why do you care so much what other people are doing or not doing with there life?

I have never looked at peoples feet so closely that i could tell if there toenails are clipped or not.

At one time, in the days before pantihose and briefly into the onset of those torture devices, bare toes in dressy sandals were for children and 'loose' women. One only showed bare toes in very casual sandals and never with a dress.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Quote Originally Posted by cooljenn77 View Post
    why do you care so much what other people are doing or not doing with there life?

I have never looked at peoples feet so closely that i could tell if there toenails are clipped or not.
    You obviously have never seen toenails that were so long they were curving downward and painted with palm trees on them. A little hard not to notice.

Sorry but bird claw feet are disgusting.

Pantihose are very out, thank goodness, so no need to wear them any more even when I have to dress up for my lawyer job. I can't stand them.

But I would be pretty offended if the employee manual instructed me to wear nail polish. I mean, really? Men don't have to wear nail polish, that is so sexist and not an appropriate thing to put in an employee manual. If there is an issue with lack of hygiene (scaly feet do not qualify, though stinky feet in sandals would) then HR should have a quiet conversation with the offending employee.

I agree that bird claw feet would be disgusting but if they are clean it is really none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljenn77 View Post

You've obviously never had to work in a shoe or boot store. Nothing makes your day like helping someone (who didn't wear socks and you have to supply footies for) with long, yellow, fungus-y toenails into and out of boots. You have to get up close to some gross things there...
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Quote Originally Posted by glfprncs View Post
    You mean people still wear pantyhose?
    Thank you for spelling it correctly.
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

Yes, for casual situations, hose are definitely not necessary.

However, for corporate offices, please wear your hose. Sorry, but unless you have lovely feet/tanned legs and a gorgeous pedi, I don't want to see your bare toes in a meeting with clients. Nope. Nope. Nope. Honestly? In my experiences, very few people do bare feet really nicely enough for business situations.

And major pet peeve of mine, in a quiet office where people are trying to work, hearing the "slap slap slap" of bare feet in sandals coming down the hall. For heaven's sake, get ones with ankle straps to hold them on.

In my experiences, very few people do bare feet really nicely enough for business situations.

And major pet peeve of mine, in a quiet office where people are trying to work, hearing the "slap slap slap" of bare feet in sandals coming down the hall. For heaven's sake, get ones with ankle straps to hold them on
    we have had employees show up in pajamas. With bunny slippers. We don't really care because our clients are all over the line, but seriously.