The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DAMN! I have issues!!!

And I almost rolled off the bed when I saw it was Off Topic day!

UGH. Here goes--->

I have a crush on a guy at work. He's smart, an awesome leader, handsome (did I mention handsome fine like HOT), I have a lot of respect for him. I don't *think* he knows as I am not one to pursue or flirt with guys anyway and it is at work. I have never dated anyone at work. I am also one of those gals who doesn't sleep around, doesn't get all hoochie-fied and generally would be considered someone to date not have a roll in the sack with. I am not boy crazy and rarely have crushes. I am very slow to get into a relationship of any sort. I am attractive, fun and independent. I have been described as a hottie, even with the "I got a little fat in the pants from quitting ciggies" thing I'm rollin' with right now. Heh.

Here's my huge heart breaking issue. The guy I just adore? He is a whore. I think. One of my pals at work was talking and mentioned he went on a tangent at a party a while back about how he would never date anyone seriously, doesn't want commitment only casual (read--whoring around) will do. I guess his ex wife slept around on him years ago and that is his reasoning? He also was sleeping with two girls at work at the same time last year, one of them finally just bailed when she realized he was not about to do anything more than get laid.

So, I'm disappointed. REALLY. This is who I need to have a crush on? REALLY???

*sigh* I have gotten through about a half gallon of ice cream and am going to go watch some XC out at Aspen Farms Horse Trials later.

The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Well damn.

I actually bumped your last thread about said man whore this morning, hoping for an entertaining update.

Sorry he's like that. Move on, you can do better.
    Visit us: www.integritysporthorses.com
    High quality retirement boarding: www.flattireranchtx.com

Sorry I would have liked to have an entertaining update.
    The Knotted Pony

Oh I have been there! Not exactly proud of the route I took, but oh well I was young. I did end up marrying someone else I met at work and we have been together for 9 years!

Congratulations on your marriage

And also congrats on getting off the whore route LOL!!
    The Knotted Pony

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

Well, in an effort to help you get over this crush, I might recommend going to any of the clubs or work parties that this "gentleman" goes to off hours, just to watch his antics.

And you can share the antics with us.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

Just envision him stinking up your bathroom.

Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post

Oh My! That should do it right there!
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

Yeahh...then can watch all the guys hitting on me too. Sometimes something shallow like massive male attention in front of certain people is good, KWIM??

Actually, he tends to throw get togethers, doesn't really hit the clubs.

I will most definitely share work place antics!
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post

*howling laughing*

I LOFF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Knotted Pony

So after finding these things out about him are you saying that you are still attracted to him?

Sometimes it's strictly a hormonal/chemical thang.

But no matter how sexy/hot/whatever someone is, they've stunk up a bathroom or two in their time.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    awesome leader
    Could "awesome leader" equate to a hormonal/chemical thang?

No, he is a good leader at work. I liked him from the get go, he is calm, reliable, smart and helpful. I noticed the handsome after I already liked and respected him at work.

I generally am pretty unaffected by guys who are good looking. Takes a lot more than that for me to look twice.

What bothers me is that I think so highly of him only to find out that he really is just a common, disposable whore.

I know some people choose to live that lifestyle and I am not judging it. It is a very disposable way to live, hopping from one bed to another. I am saying that it is not for me and I am disappointed that I didn't sense or notice that.
    The Knotted Pony

He is not a whore unless he charges.

Try hanging out with him. A lot of men are not interested in marrying until they find a woman they are compatible with long-term. And if that is you at least he will have some bedroom skills hopefully.

Sleeping around a lot is not a bad thing for a man or woman. Some people just like the hunt more than the effort of a long-term relationship. It is not disposable, just different (and you do seem to be a bit judgmental about it).

one word-diseases! No spankyou.
    Last edited by cuatx55; Jun. 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

I agree cuatx. However, I don't care if someone wants to whore around (or sleep around, kick it, hangout, be the backseat driver, be friends with benefits, have their meat in many delis, whatever euphemism you want, take your pick LOL!). I do care if my body, if me, is going to be close to someone who whores around. A guy who is indiscriminate about what and who he does is not someone I want to be dating, KWIM?

That is not being judgmental. That is deciding what I want.
    The Knotted Pony

Yeah, everyone has to decide for themselves.

I like to think of my Animal Behavior class and our lecture about mate choice. It makes me question why I'm interested in someone.

For a husband/boyfriend you want someone that's a nice guy because he'll be a good provider and father. Not too feminine because that probably means his genes are wonky, not uber masculine because he'll a) get aggressive with teh babes and b) will probably run around and spread his money over all his love children, and you don't want that.

For the one night stand/loverboy you want the Rock Star/Male Model. Rock Star/Male Model has kickass genes that you want your babies to have. He won't provide for them because he doesn't really have to, your nice guy will do that provided you can sneak it past him.

Is work guy your nice-guy-raise-my-children or your Rock Star/Male Model-father-my-children?
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Neither. I am 39, don't want kids (of my own), am a feminist and have never married. Simply being attractive has never been something that draws me to a guy. A simple urge to mate is simply that, the urge to have sex. *shrug*

I have heard this somewhere before, probably from college days, who knows. This---->

"He won't provide for them because he doesn't really have to, your nice guy will do that provided you can sneak it past him."

is dishonest and lacking in integrity. Strong virile men can be nice and loving. The traits are not exclusive (although some politically or socially motivated groups may try and tell you otherwise LOL!).
    The Knotted Pony