The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Let the GAMES begin :o)!!

Okay, this ought to be entertaining! We’re putting together a really cool prize package for each one of these foals – only caveats are you MUST “Friend” Avalon Equine and Buckeye Nutrition on Facebook AND only one win per person! The prize will include a free bag of Buckeye Grow n’ Win, a bag of Ultimate Finish and some other neat stuff that they're putting together for the winner, a $50.00 Gift Certificate from Dover Saddlery, and an Equine-Reproduction.com, LLC hat (THAT's the bestest prize ). I’ll be sure to include as much information as I can re: colors. With regards to previous foaling, the ONLY thing I’m going to say is that one of the mares has a reputation of going early…and by early, I don’t mean by a few days, but between 310 and 320 days!! When I get a chance, I’ll TRY and get a photo of each of the mares – I’m just not as mobile as I would like to be these days <sigh>. Make sure you “Friend” Avalon Equine! Good luck everyone!

Colorado Skrodstrup x Tatabra Kirsche/Dimitil de Terlong
    Ovulated August 9th, 2010
    340 Day is July 14th, 2011

Colorado is a bay leopard Knabstrupper. Kiersha is a plain brown bay with almost no white. First time cross for this pair, so I won’t be able to offer any information on what they have produced with regards to color in the past.

Edelweiss de Bonce x Classic Annette xx
    Ovulated August 5th,2010
    340 day is July 10th, 2011

This will be the first time for this cross. Edelweiss is bay with minimal white as is Classic Annette. This will be the first time for this cross. Annette has been bred to Mannhattan in the past with that foal being grey who, btw, just got a new home in New Jersey . That foal was the high scoring colt two years ago at his foal inspection.

Mannhattan x Faberge/Frohwind
    Ovulated August 19th, 2010
    340 days is July 24th, 2011

This is a tried and true cross for us and will be repeated until Faberge tells us she doesn’t wanna be a mom anymore. At that point, she will get to just hang out and live out her days here. She’s been such a good producer for us. Morticia, one of our best broodmares, is the result of this cross and there are several other full siblings out there. Colors have been grey, black and bay. So, take your pick on that guess. Faberge has a lovely “question mark” blaze, and three socks two in front one behind. Everyone of this cross has been a premium foal .

I'm REALLY hoping I'm not still breeding my own mares in August again this year. The cobbler's children and all <groan>. With my broken back, I haven't had the heart to put the girls on Jos' list of things to do <lol>...

Oh and one other thing...we will be doing a foal raffle again this year. We haven't decided on the cause yet, but I'm sure we'll come up with something - Suggestions always welcome

Good luck, Everyone!
    Last edited by Equine Reproduction; Jun. 10, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    I’m just not as mobile as I would like to be these days
    Yeah, right...

Have fun folks!!

Oh and one other thing...we will be doing a foal raffle again this year. We haven't decided on the cause yet, but I'm sure we'll come up with something - Suggestions always welcome

Good luck, Everyone!
    How about HOPE Love Joplin? My friend started this organization to help the Joplin tornado victims. They are trying to raise $50,000 because they have a pledged match up to $50,000 from a family from Joplin who now live in South Florida. Here is the facebook link. http://www.facebook.com/pages/HOPE-L...77603348962244

They desperately need help!
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    Yeah, right...

Have fun folks!!
    Edit that to say that I'm MORE mobile than JOS would like me to be. Hrmph @ you Mr. Jos!!!

Sam, is it a not for profit? That actually might be a good choice! My big issue is last year dealing with Paypal <sigh>. I can make it work, but Paypal will NOT allow a raffle or anything that shows that you are expecting something in exchange for payment, e.g. the "chance" to win. I "can" make it work, though, if people just email me a copy of their donation receipt. But again, must be a not for profit . I won't do something like the Red Cross because I see them as WAY too top heavy and I'm not interested in paying someone else's salary. I want whatever we manage to raise to actually GO to the cause. I like the idea, but need more info....anyone know more?
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Sam, is it a not for profit? That actually might be a good choice! My big issue is last year dealing with Paypal <sigh>. I can make it work, but Paypal will NOT allow a raffle or anything that shows that you are expecting something in exchange for payment, e.g. the "chance" to win. I "can" make it work, though, if people just email me a copy of their donation receipt. But again, must be a not for profit . I won't do something like the Red Cross because I see them as WAY too top heavy and I'm not interested in paying someone else's salary. I want whatever we manage to raise to actually GO to the cause. I like the idea, but need more info....anyone know more?
    Yes it is a not for profit!!
    Here is a quote off the facebook page "OUR PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE FUTURE OF THE JOPLIN, MISSOURI TORNADO VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES. THIS IS A NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION REGISTERED WITH THE STATE OF FLORIDA."
    I am sure my friend would be more then happy to provide you with whatever paperwork you needed!
    I know they are collecting old cars, money, clothes, bedding, really anything since so many people lost everything If you want I can PM you my friend's info if you would like to contact her and she can tell you more about it?
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers