The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default When is the Bartville sale?

I need a set of reins, and I'm not sure if I missed the sale or not!
    Cindy

Seems like it is usually in the summer, in July. In part of my last order I bought a new pair of their 1" wide reins. So nice!

I was just up there yesterday and saw the fliers- it's the June 30th weekend.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

Talking Details

Please refresh my memory...

Bartville does a catalog/flyer? How do I contact them? I do remember they aren't online. Do they use phones? carrier pigeons?

Directions?

How much detail do I need to provide to make something for me? For example. I need an eyeglass case to go on my belt for my sunglasses. Do I need to drive up there with the glasses/belt and show them to them? I need a belt, too. I'm not looking forward to knowing the measurements for that!

Maybe we could arrange a coth Walking of the Foxes pre-cubbing meet there? I'd love to meet you all!

There is also a custom hat designer that does Great Hats for the carriage drivers. I hope she is at least vaguely near there. Her ad is on foxhuntinglife.com. Dashing stuff that works for real helmet hair.
    Intermediate Riding Skills

A girlfriend called Bartville earlier in the week and talked to Levi. He is not having the sale this year because he did not get a mailing out. Maybe they will do something in the store but for us long distance folks don't look for the flyer in the mail.

That's funny - because it's advertised in the Horse of Del Val as being June 30 to July 2nd (next weekend)! 10% off everything in the store.
    I already have plans to go down, so I guess I'll have to take a copy of the paper with me. I can't imagine they wouldn't honor it. It's their summer open house.
    Cindy

Work sometimes takes me near that area.
    If I am scheduled to go up there this week, I'll check it out, and report back.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Can anyone confirm/deny the 10% off will be honored? I also saw something in HDV.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Mali- based on what you found it sounds like yes, they are having the sale in the store but did not get the mailing out for long distance/out of town orders.

Default I did GOOD!

I scored the EXACT pair of reins I wanted off the 2nds rack and saved myself $$$ off the retail!
    http://www.nunnfiner.com/ProductDeta...roductCode=282
    They were a whopping $29.95 because 2 of the stitches were a little deep into the leather. Really? Then I also bought a beta dog collar & 2' leash to use on my dock diving labrador (a whopping $15 total, less 10%). Supermasks were $13.95 + 10% off + $2 off coupon! I had to buy a pair of reins for a friend, but they were regular price less the 10% off. If you spent $50, you got to pick a free gift off the gift table - so I got one of the XL Kongs with tails & a squeaker for the spoiled labrador. For every $50 spent, you also got a free chicken dinner! Our entire family is happy - the dog, me, and hubby (we all have chicken for dinner)! It was well worth the 2 hour drive today!
    Cindy

Lucky you! Not much left on the close-out rack when I got there--I got two pairs of those same reins but only got the 10% off. But I too enjoyed the chicken!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/