The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Found some teeny tiny cats..VIDEO/updated pics!!

I was walking out to the truck to grab my tall boots...and I see this tiny black thing in the driveway. I thought it was a rat. Nope....a TINY baby kitten. I yelled for boyfriend...many a time.
    "HELLOOOO, COME OUTSIDE...DONT BRING THE DOGS!!!"
    We looked and looked for more kittens, figuring she couldnt be the only one. We found another one in our shed, which we left open for the past 2 days, but had shut this morning. Sure enough, there was a teeeeeny grey kitten. He had one eye swollen shut that had discharge.

We ran to the store to buy some soft cat food, which we mixed with water and they ate like crazy. My sister (a vet tech) brought kitten formula, which they also went crazy for.

I'll be taking them to the vet in the morning to see what she says and wants to do.

We will be keeping them and they will eventually be our barn cats. They are appr 2-3 weeks old and TINY. Anyone have advice on how to make kittens into barn cats?

Oh, and their names are Rooster (grey kitten with one eye shut, named after Rooster Cogburn of True Grit) and Lola (black kitty with blue eyes, named after my 102 year old great aunt who passed away yesterday).
    Both kittens are full of yummy formula and passed out in their comfy new bed.

Pics here: (facebook...should be public!)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater
    Last edited by AliCat518; Jun. 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: video added!

Oh my goodness, they are adorable!!! I'm glad you found them and they are getting a good home.

They're probably at least 3.5 weeks old, since their ears are up, and they are hopefully eliminating on their own. The vet will probably be able to give you a better estimate based on their teeth though.

Hope that eye gets sorted out. Rooster is such a good name though!

"Content currently unavailable."

Must. see. wee. kittehs!!
    Visit the County Island, home of Whiskey the ranch horse: http://countyisland.wordpress.com
    Visit him on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/WhiskeyRanch-Horse

Oh noooo! I wonder how I can make the pics available!

ETA: I made everything public...should work!

Default 'Tis the season....

What a coincidence, I caught sight of a baby kitten in the road on my way to the barn tonight. The barn I board at sits on top of the hill and I was on the road "down below" when I saw the kitten hop into the weeds on the side of the road. I just stopped and hopped out of my truck, but the kitten did not want to be caught. I am pretty sure it is feral, as people out that way don't seem much inclined to get their pets spayed or neutered. Very frustrating. Anyhow, since I now know it is around, I will have to devise a plan to get it captured and figure out what to do with it. There is no room at my "inn", so bringing it home is out of the question (I have 5 cats already- all but one from various barns I have boarded at). I am guessing all my local shelters are already full and not able to take anymore kittens, but will call around to be sure. Of course, this little one appeared to have an upper respiratory infection as well.

I wish the OP well with her new found kittehs. I don't really have any advice on how to make them into barn kitties, as I seem to turn barn cats into pets. My BO's two cats (both spayed, for the record) seem to have quit hunting and are more intent on being with me. Probably a sight to see as I hand graze my stall bound horse with two little cats following us about the yard wanting attention...

So cruel. Cannot see kitteh!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Ugh!! I cant figure out how to make the pictures "more public!"

Theyre SO SO SO cute. I will try to upload them to a different site.

I would also love ideas of how to discourage our (Llewellin Setter) hunting dogs not to eat them. One of the dogs let them walk up to her and she awkwardly stared at them..then wouldnt make eye contact. Now the male dog is acting like he smells something he wants to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaW-B View Post
    "Content currently unavailable."

Must. see. wee. kittehs!!
    Yes! It might be a FB issue though. Can't wait to see them!
    When people show you who they truly are, believe them. Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post
    Oh noooo! I wonder how I can make the pics available!

ETA: I made everything public...should work!
    Maybe sign up at photobucket or something similar? "They" say there is a way to make pics public at fb too, so maybe someone can help you with that?
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home

NOT FAIR - wanted to see kitties!

Cruel. Cant sleep. Cant see kitteh.
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

I can't see the little baby kittehs either!

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Boooo. I tried photobucket but cant quite figure out how to do mobile uploads. Trust me, I want you to see the precious girls as badly as you want to see them!

working on the problem. (and im supposed to be a child of technology...HAH!)

THIS HAS TO WORK!!!

Tried photobucket. Pleaseee tell me this works!

try www.photobucket.com/lolarooster
    Last edited by AliCat518; Jun. 9, 2011 at 01:48 AM.

Um, for some reason I got linked back to this thread. (I'm not b!tching because I, myself, have trouble when it comes to uploading pics for some reason.)

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Nope. So mean.
    ---

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... kitteh! Worth the wait
    ---

thats what happened when I tried the first link...try the new one I put on my last post. I swear the new one worked for me

And sorry im so cruel to tease you guys!! I WILL make this work!!!

Go to the photo album and right click on the pictures. Click "Show image in a new tab." (I believe new window will also work.) Once it opens, right click the image and select "copy image address." Then paste it here!

Good luck with your new additions to the family. Let us know what the vet says!
    Quoting my original post and editing because people have posted as I was typing. Those kittens are so cute!

Thank you! They are SOO cute...im obsessed with them. If they werent resting/snoozing, I would be taking wayyy more pictures!

Question though...theyve been with me for about 4 hours...and neither one has gone to the bathroom...that cant be normal..right? (FWIW, theyre both SKINNY and acted like this was the first meal they had in days...)