The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghazzu:
    Well, if I weren't completely hooked on my little Arabs, and I wanted to seriously do the open hunter thing, it would definitely be a TB for me.

I far prefer the TB to the WB mindset.
    Worked for a TB race trainer when I was younger, and love the breed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, too Ghazzu. I've always been enamored with them, though, growing up in hunt/steeplechase/TB country. Last fall, between jobs, I had the opportunity to work temporarily on an Arabian stud farm. That is when I fell for them. They have wonderful minds, and while spirited, once they trust you, you have a real friend. I'm dying for one as a second horse, but now that I'm working full-time, I have too little time for the TB to take on another one. Though I'm sure my niece would love to love one http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif.
    Freaky Farm Hermit Clique
    Mighty Thoroughbred Clique COMH Page: Tory Relic

Although, I've worked with quite a few off the track thoroughbred's (some a little goofy about things- wouldn't you be too with a start like that at a very young age!). Perhaps by nature if they hadn't had that training early on- perhaps some wouldn't be "hot". Anyway, the TB
    I now am privileged to own (ex-show horse in children's and jr.'s.) was not off the track, matter-of-fact, bred in VA, foxhunted, played polo, and cut cattle before he found a new owner
    and a new life as a show horse at 8 y.o. One trainer could not believe he didn't need any prep and didn't need to school and would jump anything. Obviously, there are TB's out there that have not been to the track. Guess we really got lucky! I feel privileged to be associated with such a good guy. Now we are great friends and are getting old together and I never worry about a thing! Goes to show that some horses can be found in places we would never think to look!

TBs here in P.A or atleast in the shows where I go to.