The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Blue Ribbon Trailers/ Elite Trailers

My husband and I currently own a Hart 4 horse living quarters trailer. Due to a change in our personal situation, we feel we no longer need the full living quarters trailer. We also haul pigs and have decided to buy a stock combo trailer with an upgraded "dressing room" that we could be very comforatable in to sleep and camp. This trailer would be custom ordered with some options that would be unique to our situation- price is not really an issue, but we are interested in quality. We are in our mid to late 40's and if we buy the right trailer and maintain it, this could possibly be our last trailer.

We have previously owned 2 Elite trailers that have been great- no problems, only maintenence. There is no Elite dealer near us, although we have found one that is a two day drive away. They have a reputation for excellent service and pricing and have made the effort to get us a quote quickly and fairly.
    I love the Elite quality and feel this is a trailer that could last 20+ years.

The other trailer we are looking at is Blue Ribbon. There is a Blue Ribbon dealer within an hour of us, but I have found very little information about these trailers.

I know this is the place to come to get an honest opinion. Does any one out there own a Blue Ribbon? Do you know anyone who owns one? Any experience with this manufacturer or brand?

I suggest checking on www.horsetrailerworld.com this is the best site for questions about horse trailers.

Lots of knowledgable people on here. You can do searches on the forums, check prices of trailers, etc

I would say to go with the Elite. They do a wonderful job on their construction and they simply don't have a lot of issues.
    Blue Ribbon is somewhat of an unknown. I believe they are fairly new, and really don't have a lot of feedback on them.
    If you are going for your "lifetime" trailer, why cut corners?
    Last edited by Lady Counselor; Jun. 8, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

I have a Blue Ribbon and it is a nice trailer; however, they are a relative unknown and were I to do it again, I would get a more well known brand simply for the resale value. Absolutely no problems with the trailer, it is a beauty, and I got it because at the time I lived 1/2 hour from the factory where they were made, but I am now having problems selling it because lack of name recognition.

Thanks for all your replies! I have posted on horsetrailerworld.com as well.

Great point about resale value and name recognition!