The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Default Lesson To Be Learned Here.....

Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Default Sad

In Arlington county, if a driver is being arrested such as a DUI, Animal Control is called to take the dog.

If the vehicle had to be towed, maybe then AC would have been called. If the police knew the dog was present, this is really disgusting, avoidable animal cruelty

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but knowing local law enforcement as I do, I would not be surprised in the slightest if it did happen like the article said. Things have gotten progressively worse in this region over the past ten years due to the hiring policies of the police departments and the union's involvement in shaping those practices.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Virginia cops?

Not surprised. Sorry but there it is. I'll never forget the image of cops "euthanizing" a downed deer by running it over with a cruiser. Except that didn't kill it.

So they backed up -did it again. Back and forth, back and forth over many minutes- as the animal struggled in agony - and other cops looked on and did nothing.

I have no sympathy for the man over his DUI of course - but any animal owner could end up like this if they're in an accident, vehicle broken down, or any other scenario.

Badly done, Loudoun County Police Department. Very badly done.

My condolences to the owner on the tragic and preventable loss of his beloved pet.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Default sad sad sad

that is horrible
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

This was the first drunk to fall asleep at IHOP? They couldn't just wake him up, put him in his car and take the keys? Or put him in the car and then call the police? They couldn't call the police/animal control when they heard Rex barking?

Everyone's to blame here. Obviously though, the only animal lover was Rex's owner.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Angry

And how the hell many people walked by, saw the dog in the hot car and turned the other way??? I heard this on the radio yesterday and it made me sick to my stomach. They arrested him for being drunk in public. Nowhere did they ever say there was proof he was drunk. Maybe he was, maybe he was just tired and fell asleep. I don't know, I wasn't there, but how could HOW MANY PEOPLE walk by, see that poor dog in that horrible heat and KEEP WALKING. OH . MY . GOD . What is this world coming to? If it had been a kid in the car, people would have been calling the police, smacking the windows with bricks, all kinds of things, but a dog?? oh well, it's only a dog. Disgusting to all of them and heartfelt condolences to the owner of Rex.
    Tranquility Farm - Proud breeder of Born in the USA Sport Horses, and Cob-sized Warmbloods
    Now apparently completely invisible!