The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need yingles for my charity case!

Long story short: I took in a 3 y.o. TB off the track for wintering in December of 2009. I was looking for some extra income and love to devote myself to horse care. The trainer is a friend, so thought I was okay. Not so much. Within two months the owner of said TB told me that he couldn't afford to pay his bills and asked me to sell him. Okaaaaaay. I'm very involved in finding homes for
    TBs off the track so knew I was screwed.

I could have easily sold him to a dealer, and the one that showed up at the barn made my stomach churn, so I high-balled him and he laughed himself silly.
    Bah Bye short, fat, chuckstering a-hole. I was taking a hit but wasn't going to sell him down the pike.

\Fast forward 18 months and the gangly youngster has filled out and refreshed. He's a big, flashy boy and I've been pointing him to the track for months now. He's bred well and feels like a million.

Until a week ago, when he was due to FINALLY ship in to the track. Mind you, I've been carrying the big lug for 1.5 YEARS!!!!! He is now 3 legged lame. I think the interminable mud got to him. I don't treat my horses like hot-house flowers. They are turned out. Period. But I think the mud is responsible for arresting my plans. Drat.

He's been in his stall for the past two days with icthamol packing and a sweat on his tendon. I'm sick about this and can't believe how crappy the timing is.

Please send us the best of COTH yingles to heal him and get him ready to make his (sucker) Mama some pay back!

Jingles galore...and may the mud dry up some. Here in Texas we are still very short on rain.

Default Jingles and Yingles for your boy to HEAL UP AND RUN!

Jingles and Yingles ( what are yingles?)

Regardless JINGLES FOR YOUR HANDSOME BOY TO HEAL QUICKLY &&&

RUN RUN RUN FOR HIS MOTHER !!!

JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE & AO ~ AO ~ AO ~ ALWAYS OPTIMISTIC !!

YINGLE YINGLE YINGLE & YO ~ YO ~ YO ~ YOU OPTIMISTIC !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "

Well, you know you have those jingles, and yingles from me, foundationmare. You're a consummate horsewoman, so if anyone can fix him, you can.
    Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past - let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
    Kennedy

I'm not one for the whole jingles thing, but just for you, here's some YINGLES!
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Thanks all. Zuzu...Yingles are what the universe calls for when the letter before K doesn't work!!

I'm hoping that he doesn't have anything more serious than an abscess....really need yingles that it's only an abscess, although poor boy is hurting (but eating *like a horse*).

Great, big yingles!! You've got A LOT of good, equine karma coming back at ya...it'll happen.

(snort..) he has a great soft cushy life down on the farm and
    YOU WANT HIM TO GO TO WORK??!?!

of COURSE he is lame...
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Here's hoping it's just an abcess!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Sending lots of yingles
    Camels spit, Mary, camels - Catherine Haddad "Dressage Critic

for you Margie I send Jingles and Yingles!

Quote Originally Posted by Zu Zu View Post
    Jingles and Yingles ( what are yingles?)
    Lol, yingles are "foundationmare's J key is broken" jingles!

Jingles from Lucky and I!

Many many "yingles"!!

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

Thanks so much for you yingles!! I truly appreciate your efforts on the behalf of the big lug. Since I've had him in my care he has not had one day of lameness. Not one. And within days of shipping to the track...oy.

I think he was mildly better today, but still quite lame and not putting the heel on the ground. He wants to feel good. His appetite is fantastic, he's bright eyed and playful but oh, so, sore on that right front. And the filling in the right front has not gone down and is quite warm. I've dealt with plenty of tendons and I don't think that's what he has.

I changed his hoof dressing this afternoon and thought I discerned a discharge from his heel bulb, which is where he is sensitive. I realized when I was out in public buying feed that my left forearm, the one that was holding the affected leg, really stunk, even though I rinsed at the farm because I had icthamol here and there.

I was delighted! Could be the start of a break in the abscess!

I started him in SMZs yesterday a.m. and, if he doesn't have significant improvement within the next 24 hours I will ship him to the track where he can easily get vet work and DIL can help with soaking and tending the foot.

This horse is meant to be a nice racehorse. His dam was a multiple Stakes winner. His siblings are Stakes winners. His now 2 y.o. sister sold for $200,000 as a yearling. He's now a 16.3-17 h solid dark bay who looks like his daddy (Intidab). He is so handsome and well mannered that the possibilities are endless, and certainly extend beyond the track. The voices in my head tell me that he landed with me for a reason.

Or not.

Only time will tell.

Macmtn-you are so right!!!! He's been livin' large.

Thanks again to all of you.

many yingles for you and your boy Margie!

Default Thanks all!

Your yingles have worked!! The big lug is still gimping, but so much better than he was even two days ago. I turned him out today in a paddock that had dried out. Can't bear to keep them in when it's not absolutely necessary. So, when we got a soaking rain, I went to the farm to bring him in and am so glad I did.

I cleaned the foot and found the egress for the abscess. Cleaned it with Betadine, dressed it with more Betadine, cotton and a vetrap on the foot. He's SO MUCH better and I'm heaving a sigh of relief.

I try not to dramatize, but was pushing thoughts of fracture or tendon inyury out of my mind and was obsessing at work and in the wee hours of the morning. I've been so worried about him. The big galoof better stay sound and do right by his Mama!

If the boy doesn't make it on the track, he will be a magnificent show horse. Yum!

Have you alerted the JC that you are his owner now? I hope so, or else the person who dumped the horse on you might try to get him back. I am yingling too, which I guess is jingling with a Swedish/Minnesotan accent, LOL?
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Yeah, the yingles worked!! (We totally need a dancing cheese!)

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Well, you know you have those jingles, and yingles from me, foundationmare. You're a consummate horsewoman, so if anyone can fix him, you can.
    Ditto Louise! And it looks like you did, glad to hear things are taking a turn for the positive! Those abscesses can get nasty.

Keep us posted and continued jingles!!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Default YINGLES FOR ANOTHER GOOD NEWS UPDATE !

YINGLE YINGLE YINGLE & YO

BUMPING FOR ANOTHER GOOD NEWS UPDATE AND PERHAPS A PICTURE ???
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "