The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holsteiner breeders, I need help

I am trying to find information on the Holsteiner stallion Caesar a 1987 model. Does anyone on this board know if he was German approved? Also, is there information and pictures etc... of him, I googled but got very little. Thanks in advance.

bump, does anyone know how I can find this out?

According to the Telex site, a horse named Caesar born in 83 by Caletto II out of a mare named Odett was approved in the USA and they have the full pedigree which you can peruse to see if this is the one you are interested in. (A few horses named Caesar are listed, but this one seemed the closest match for your info.) If so, then call the AHHA office 502-863-4239 and ask Patricia if she has any information on him.

Marie,
    Arlene Rigdon( dressage judge) stood him ( KS?) - try to google her and I'm sure she has more info

Hi Didi, I have a huge delimma and need to know if Caesar was first approved in Germany then later approved in U.S. If not approved in Germany I may not be able to go the KWPN route with Hillary...long story email or call if you want to hear the mess, lol. Been one crazy breeding year.

Thanks Didi I sent her an email. AHHA only said he was approved in U.S. but he was 4 when he was imported so I'm hoping he was looked at in Europe first Otherwise I will need to get Hillary approved Old NA I guess.

Does anyone know if you can petition for a mare to be accepted for KWPN-NA breeding if her sire not german approved? If my mare Hillary does get infoal to Rousseau (will know in 2 weeks) As it stands now neither AHHA or KWPN-NA will give only COP papers. I know I had a Hanoverian sired mare out of a Westphalian mare that was registered OLD NA that after submitting pictures, show data and previous foals as well as extended pedigree they finally approved her for breeding and by Dutch stallions her babies get Foalbook. Does anyone think I have a chace with current situation? She has an impressive show record and has produced many quality foals.