The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WTF, golf cart rental?

So I missed out on the chance to rent a golf cart through proper channels at IEA, but not being one to take no for an answer I called a local company and arranged to rent one myself.

No problem . . . they just need proof of my million dollar personal liability policy, with their company named on a rider.

Now it just so happens that I actually have one, but I can't remember ever having to do this before at a show. Is that what's in all the fine print I never read? i hope these guys are OK with my generic policy because AAA politely said "ummm, no, don't think so" to adding the company on a rider. This kind of insurance talk is beyond my comprehension . . . anyone been through a similar thing? Really hope I can get the thing so I don't have to shlep things in the truck and WALK R&T.
    Click here before you buy.

Never heard of it, we always get our carts at the show. Damn, maybe you could show a little ankle and thumb some rides! Have fun and be safe. And make any mistakes going forward!

I've never had to list anyone on a "rider", but routinely list companies on my liability as "additionally insured". It costs about $100 to get the amended cert.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Pfft, they didn't want my business I guess, and good riddance. Thankfully my trainer brought a scooter for scooting!
    Click here before you buy.

Never had this happen... I gave up on golf carts a while ago though and went with a 2 person little scooter (very easy to fit when packing for the show). It's just me and my properly trained horseshow bf or sometimes my trainer (most hilarious sight ever btw) and all of the little ones from the stable just hoof it along. They're young and speedy so I leave them pouting as I speed off into the dust haha.