The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thelwell Pony vs. Shire

No rest for the Shire when the Thelwell Pony is around!

http://youtu.be/heoj940gfe8
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Wow, I'm surprised that shetland's still alive. I bet he gets kicked in the head soon, he's a mean little guy!
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Evil little pot bellied bastard !
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Who was it that said ponies are evil because they're short, and therefore closer to Hell?

What a stinker!
    Approved helmet: Every time; every ride.
    "When a sport gets to be predictable it ceases to be fun." - RAR's wise brother

Just a reminder: it's not the size of the horse, it's the size of the attitude within said horse.

My 17.3 Percheron was chased mercilessly across 28 acres by Muffin: wee pony that was nothing more than hooves, fur and teeth. To this day, Tank the Percheron H*A*T*E*S ponies
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I was waiting for the Shire to kneel down and crush him like an elephant squashes a zoo vet. (Uh...that analogy makes sense if you're familiar with zoo elephants, I promise.)

And there's a PART II... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyrht...eature=related

And a part III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjqv3...eature=related

sadly, my response is....I want one. (An evil little Thelwell pony, that is.)

I must speak up on behalf of all Thelwell Ponies....I have one that is the sweetest and gentlist pony on earth....he would NEVER behave like that little monster. They're not all bad .

I actually really liked the "other" horse that is calmly stepping over the x-rail in the middle of all this
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

i was walking to the riding ring leading my horse one day past the farm owners mini stallion. that little snot reared up and got my arm through the fence planks and shook his head like a dog and would not let go. thankfully it was winter and i had layers on but my arm was bruised and swollen for a month and i have a scar and scar tissue. another girl that boarded there would draw straw on who would turn the mini out or her rank tb colt that she was sale prepping...we prefered the rank colt lol
    that being said she has two mini mares too and they were the sweetest little things. just like lap dogs. we loved them!!!!

They look like buddies to me, not 'evil' at all.

I have a terrier a lot like that little bastard. One day she decided to slice up my REALLY old GSP bitch with her teeth. I was so angry with the terrier that I lifted her by the collar and heaved her about 20 feet into a fast running cold creek. I can still remember the expression on her face as she sailed backwards through the air, before landing in 2 feet of COLD water. (shock, horror and respect) Since then she has been a perfect little terrier bitch; yes ma'am no ma'am, three bags full ma'am. That little s--t needs to learn some respect!
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    They look like buddies to me, not 'evil' at all.
    I could use a few Thelwell's... Love them!
    "My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sunlight and nicker to me in the night"

I am guessing the little guy is in need of some brain surgery asap.

That's why PONY is a 4-letter word!

That said, a good pony is worth it's weight in gold.

Another pony expression I heard from a vet is "There are only 2 types of ponies in this world. Those that have foundered and those that haven't YET foundered.
    Sue

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I love that the other Shire steps in to help the one being pestered by that little... pest of a pony. Or, PP, pony pest.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Heheheh that was great. I love how the pony keeps going for the knees! Little knee cap buster that one.