The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

jwreverie Guest

Default Free Lease, 16yo 15.3 gelding (ny)

I am looking for a free lease situation for my 16 year old TB gelding (possible forever home for the right person). We've done alot of showing together, first in hunters (He's a 10+ jumper) and then after a bad knee injury I decided my jumping career was over and started doing some dressage shows with him, he scored in the 70s every show at training level and we were training first.

I've bought a new dressage prospect and do not have the time or money for 2 horses.

He is currently recovering from a tendon injury, he probably has another 2 months of stall rest and a slow start back ahead of him....I have no problem rehabbing him, but once he is sound and ready to go back to work I'd love for him to have a home to go to. I've considered retiring him down south somewhere, which I will do if I cannot find him a home...but he loves having a job and I think he will be miserable living in a lush green pasture....oddball that he is

He's a cool horse, really knows his stuff, fun to ride but not push-button.

If interested please pm me, I have plenty of pictures and can probably dig up some videos of us showing in both the dressage and hunter rings.

I PM'd you