The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Umm, WOW... Anti helmet video. Just Wow

the first 2 minutes are really pointless...really did not make it past that...20 minutes of the wind whistling in the mic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I watched six minutes and gave up. The guy is extremely irritating. Did you read some of his responses to the comments? What a tool.

Under a rock, up in the hills of Sage, So. Calif, southeast of Hemet & north east of Temecula

Default Helmets are not used much out there

I can't watch the video here at home on dial up.

I recently was on a group trail ride of about 150 people. I saw 5 helmets. One was on a under 18 girl (ride rule was helmets for under 18). One was on me. The other 3 were on other adults. The Mounted Sheriff patrol riders did not wear helmets. When I see riders anywhere around here, never are there helmets.
    There is no such thing as "bad" horsemanship or "good" horsemanship. There is simply Horsemanship or the absence thereof.

www.oldmorgans.blogspot.com

Ok, in full disclosure, and flame suit zipped, I never wear a helmet when I ride. I have my own reasons that have nothing to do with my hair, looking cool etc....

However, I think this guy is really stupid! I would never advocate someone not to wear one! He does not have any valid points as to why helmets are dangerous! He is talking off the hip and really sounds like an idiot! I also did not appreciate the way he spoke to people that commented on his video and the language he used. I would write this guy off as crazy and ignore him!

He is really a role model for maturity....

Having met the man you caused the German governing body for racing to implement mandatory helmets on all tracks in Germany, buckled from the moment the jockey is mounted, all I can say is: What a tool!
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

If you continue to watch the video then you will realize he does not really like women either! He is a peach!!!

Love the "broom" comment.
    Dear Dumbass,
    On behalf of all women everywhere, we hate you too.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

hehehehehe, I think you can't call him prejudice...he seems to hate every GD body!

Check out his website, he's available for clinics!!
    Proud Native Texan!
    owned by 3 Cardigan Corgi's + 3 wonderful horses!

I can perfectly understand why the man is against helmets.

For the same reason I'm against large sized bras...ain't got nothing to put in them.

I got a giggle out of this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/horseawa...49/KTBE5K-Dbfk

Yep, men have the warrior gene. Oh wait, should that be Warrior Gene with caps? And warriors are better with horses. For some reason he can't seem to explain. But Lord knows if I want my horses to be calm, relaxed and behaved...I always charge at them waving a sword with a rebel yell. Have to show those ponies who the warrior is and who the...ummm...sh*t-machine is?

So if I make a comparison like he does...if you do not have the Ninja Gene you cannot have any cattle.

I hope you're reading this people, this is some good information here! Unless you can sneak into Quantico without anyone noticing whilst wearing black pajamas...do not even think of milking a cow! EVER!

So what do you call that useless flap of skin found at the end of a penis?

Rick Gore, Warrior Horse Trainer.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Did he really say: "See that tail swish? That was all natural". ????

Wow.
    Founding Member of "I Kept 'Off Topic Day!' Open"

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I can perfectly understand why the man is against helmets.

For the same reason I'm against large sized bras...ain't got nothing to put in them.

That is fabulous!
    Founding Member of "I Kept 'Off Topic Day!' Open"

I watched some of his videos ages ago, so it was fun to revisit him here.

I do enjoy his jollity; sincere laughter at funny stuff the horses/pets do; that's always a sign of emotional balance. It's the humorless ones that you need to beware of. Plus, he's genuinely affectionate with his horses, & they love it.

I also enjoy the true reading he has of horses, evidenced here by safely walking among his herd of 3 while they're eating, {& explaining what's happening with them in the process), likewise what the palomino was up to when it approached him.

Re: helmets, his is correct that people tend to derive a false sense of security from helmets, so to warn people to do nothing that they wouldn't do helmetless is helpful.

That said, he rather downplays the many lives saved/damage prevented from the wearing of helmets, & the many deaths/crippled states that could've been prevented from their wearing.

He also has a video of him crawling around a horse's back legs/under belly, point being how safe that is, when anyone should know that a horsefly sting could end that gig instantly. So, I kinda have a love/hate going on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcostx View Post
    Check out his website, he's available for clinics!!
    I hope he owns a full body armor...Martial Arts/ Model Mugging style.

AUGH

what am I saying, he's got THE WARRIOR GENE!!!!!

what a tool....

(but you gotta love a man who laughs about his own jokes.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    I watched some of his videos ages ago, so it was fun to revisit him here.

I do enjoy his jollity; sincere laughter at funny stuff the horses/pets do; that's always a sign of emotional balance. It's the humorless ones that you need to beware of. Plus, he's genuinely affectionate with his horses, & they love it.

I also enjoy the true reading he has of horses, evidenced here by safely walking among his herd of 3 while they're eating, {& explaining what's happening with them in the process), likewise what the palomino was up to when it approached him.

Re: helmets, his is correct that people tend to derive a false sense of security from helmets, so to warn people to do nothing that they wouldn't do helmetless is helpful.

That said, he rather downplays the many lives saved/damage prevented from the wearing of helmets, & the many deaths/crippled states that could've been prevented from their wearing.

He also has a video of him crawling around a horse's back legs/under belly, point being how safe that is, when anyone should know that a horsefly sting could end that gig instantly. So, I kinda have a love/hate going on the guy.

I am glad to see you have more than one flavor of koolaide in your cupboard

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post

That is an utterly false and truly stupid thing to say. Parelli much?
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

He even has a website where you can learn "Horseman Tips"
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

tabulah, do you understand what I mean? Another way to say it, excluding the double negative, is, "Only do with a helmet what you'd do without one."

You must've misunderstood, because I'm not with Parelli here; I'm pro-helmet.

AND I take the point from those like Parelli & RG that one must guard against a false sense of security & therefore taking risks beyond what one'd do helmetless.

I'm a little unclear on what things one would do with a helmet that one wouldn't do without a helmet. Riding is riding. The goal is to stay on board and control the horse.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/