The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who survived grad school?

I know there were quite a few of us...who else survived and finished?

I graduated last weekend with my MS.

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Default Congratulations

Congratulations.

I finished up and defended my M.A. Criminal Justice about 3 weeks ago now. Graduation is in 2 weeks.

I submitted 3 weeks ago. Hooray! Waiting to hear back from the board of examiners if I am called to Viva in the next couple weeks. I still have to write two exams too... but then done! So, not sure if I have survived everything Oxford has to throw at me, just yet. But SOON!

I'll have my Mphil in Politics.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Coth's Resident Deatheater~

Congrats!

I just finished my first year and am frantically trying to get details in place to start working on my thesis this summer. I can't wait until this time next year when I'll (hopefully) be defending and finishing up my M.S. too!
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

I'm 66.666666667 percent finished now. Yay!

Me I defended in January and officially graduated at the end of April. I'll start my new job at the University of Maryland in August!

This thread made me realize that yesterday was the one-year anniversary of my PhD defense! Clearly my job has made me move on.

Congratulations to this year's group of graduates!

I just passed my PhD dissertation defense a couple weeks ago. HOOORAY!!!! So now I'm just doing some final editing before submitting it to the library.

SO glad it's (almost) over but I'm having much anxiety about jobs. I've applied for jobs in six different countries and nine different states. Made first cut on a few and had one interview. Still waiting to hear on two.

I can't wait until I'm settled down in my new lifestyle and have an actual real paycheck again!!

ME! I graduated May 9, Absolut Equestrian, PhD!

Now, on to a postdoc/slightly better paid slave labor
    *Absolut Equestrian*

"The plural of anecdote is not fact...except in the horse industry"

Me! Graduated on May 20 with my MA in Speech Pathology!

Congrats everybody!! Doesn't it feel great?
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

It's been awhile. Got my MS and Ph.D. recently achieved licensure in my field- my last hoop!!! Feels great to get it done! Congrats to all who have finished as well as those who are in the process!

Yay! I just finished my........first semester Nice to see people actually make it through!

Graduated with my Masters in Occupational Therapy May 2009. Wow, doesnt seem that long ago! Have hope current grad students, there is life after school!

I defended my thesis last September and have 1 more year to go before I am officially BES MD, PhD. I have 4 more months of 3rd year rotations and then I enter the lovely period of 4th year electives (no weekends, no call, no exams, and most importantly lots of time with the hony) until I graduate next May. After that, residency, fellowship and who knows? I am like patient care much more than I ever expected, and find I don't miss research that much. But then I had the advisor from hell, so I'm somewhat soured on the whole lab thing. Luckily, I have about 5 years until I have to decide whether I want to be research or clinical care focused.

I told my mother that I wanted to be "Dr BES" as opposed to "Ms BES" on the program for my sister's upcoming wedding (3 weeks away). It seems like such a small thing, but after the hell I went through finishing the thesis, I have more than earned the right to see my title in print. Since I can't use the doctor title in any other setting for another year (too confusing for patients that I have the PhD but am not a medical doctor), I have to take any opportunity I can. It keeps me sane!

BES
    Proudly owned by 2 chestnut mares
    Crayola Posse: sea green
    Mighty Rehabbers Clique

I just wrapped up year 5 of the PhD, and I'm in that "sweet zombie jeebus there will never be a light at the end of this tunnel" phase (although in reality I've probably only got about 6-10 more months left), so it's good to hear that people actually DO graduate from time to time Congratulations to the new grads!

Default CONGRTAULATIONS !!

CONGRATULATIONS !

BEEN THERE DONE THAT TOO ~

A MAJOR RELIEF TO HAVE MS WORK BEHIND YOU ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

LuckyCharm - I know exactly what you mean. Finishing is taking about a year longer than I thought it would - endless re-writes, waiting for my advisor to get back from the field, waiting for the dissertation reviews, waiting waiting waiting. My graduation won't actually be until December...

And now I have to prepare a couple chapters for publication. I'm ready to move on already!!!

But a lot of us are going through it and a lot of us have succeeded.

Congrats all!