The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Amerigo Saddles

I was searching around the net, where is the best place to find an Amerigo DJ jumping or CC saddle. I would prefer used new may do. Looking for a 17.5 or 18 med tree. I have searched ebay, ricks, pelham, trumbull mountain but really have found one yet. Thought I would post here that someone may know of a small store in their area.

Quote Originally Posted by drs View Post
    I was searching around the net, where is the best place to find an Amerigo DJ jumping or CC saddle. I would prefer used new may do. Looking for a 17.5 or 18 med tree. I have searched ebay, ricks, pelham, trumbull mountain but really have found one yet. Thought I would post here that someone may know of a small store in their area.
    www.fine-used-saddles.com sometimes has some Amerigos.

They are great; I have dealt with them and really like them and whenever they come up on COTH everyone always sings their praises.

You're on the right track by calling Amerigo dealers, and you should keep going with that strategy. Call World Equestrian Brands to check the national demo stock and check the used supplies at some of the major Amerigo vendors: gifthorsesaddlery.com in Washington state, equestrianimports.com in Florida, mmtackshp.com in North Carolina, etc. As with most high-end brands, the stuff can go pretty fast--so it behooves you to get on the phone with a human being rather than send emails into the ether. You want to find that one saddle that's so hot in their hands that they haven't had time to list it online.

Cori McGraw (highendusedsaddles.com) has one now, in really nice condition.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

yes i saw that but its a 17" I need a 17.5 or 18.

Tack ETC: http://www.tacketc.net/English_Saddles.html

They're local to me and carry Amerigo saddles... I see an 18.5 CC on their website but it might be worth it to give them a call.

Also, I've been told the amerigo trees can be adjusted up to one size either way... so potentially a N can go up to a M and so on... when you send them to Amerigo (or whoever does it) they re-stamp it so it's very clear what size the saddle is now.

Hope that helps!

eta: Equestrian Imports (http://equestrianimports.com/shop/) is where I've read people have had their Amerigo saddles adjusted. It looks like they have a used CC in medium-wide... might be able to get that adjusted and still pay a reasonable total price.
    “They were not sitting backwards on their horses,” he said with a sly smile. “But they had no dressage preparation..." - Bert de Nemethy

horseygirl123 Guest

I tried one at The Horse Connection in Bedford New York recently. It didn't fit my horse, but it was a 17 1/2.