The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for dressage lessons in Indianapolis area

Hi! [edit] I've been riding the hunter A circuits for years, so I am experienced riding greenies, hot/sensetive horses etc. However, I recently got involved with trying my hand @ dressage and would like to further my skills.

Therefore, if anyone knows of some dressage barns in the Indianapolis or surrounding areas that would be great.

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 28, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Jennifer Conour in Sheridan and Jennifer Kaiser in Lafayette if you are serious about improving.

Linda Heiny--She's a retired "R" judge who has come back to teach and spread her knowledge. She gives lessons and clinics at Serenity Farms in Coatsville (off of US 36 and highway 75) as well as a few other stables. She may be to far for you to lesson with weekly but I simply cannot recommend her enough; I used to just clinic with her occasionally (1x a month or so) and even that had a very large impact on my riding and my horse's going. Also, she takes students yearly to clinic with and audit when the Spanish Riding School does clinics in the US.

There is one dressage trainer in the Indy area that I really can't recommend. PM me for a name if you would like.
    Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Don't throw away opportunities because they aren't coming in exactly the form you want them to.

Jennifer Conour is great! Definitely give her a call!
    Welcome to my dressage world http://www.juliefranzen.blogspot.com/

Nancy Kleiner also teaches lessons out of Irus stables as well as her home barn.

I love Linda Heiny! If you're on the south or west side of Indy, you might actually get her to your barn. The north side and you'll have to travel to her.

I've also worked a lot with Amanda Pisano. She helped me take my OTTB from crazy exracer to pretty solid second level. She's on the north side and will travel.

Default Please PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Dressage.For.Life. View Post
    Linda Heiny--She's a retired "R" judge who has come back to teach and spread her knowledge. She gives lessons and clinics at Serenity Farms in Coatsville (off of US 36 and highway 75) as well as a few other stables. She may be to far for you to lesson with weekly but I simply cannot recommend her enough; I used to just clinic with her occasionally (1x a month or so) and even that had a very large impact on my riding and my horse's going. Also, she takes students yearly to clinic with and audit when the Spanish Riding School does clinics in the US.

There is one dressage trainer in the Indy area that I really can't recommend. PM me for a name if you would like.

Could you please PM me with the name of the trainer you would not recommend in the Indy area? I live on the northeast side of the city near Fishers/Pendleton and am thinking of starting dressage. I haven't ridden in a long while and then it was hunt seat and jumping. I'd love to find a place that is sympathetic to us older riders and perhaps offers leasing. Thanks!

I LOVE Nancy Kleiner. She's a fantastic trainer and is awesome about the fact that my goals involve no part of competing. I want to do dressage for the sale of bettering my horse. She's perfectly at home dumbing things down for my beginner (dressage, been riding other disciplines for 20 years) self on a young Arab who, while very athletic, clearly will never be an upper level competition mount. She travels to several barns in the area.

I'd also recommend Jennifer Conour - a friend of mine moved to Indy and she's who our dressage trainer set her up with.
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.