The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 6 year old, 16.3 Hand TB gelding(MA)

Longterm Free lease with ownership option to right match

16.3 hand OTTB
    Lightly restarted wtc small cross rails. Quiet and sane enough for an advanced beginner.
    Good on trails and roads in company(gets a little nervous alone should be fine in time), pretty close to bombproof as nothing seems to bother him(cars can fly past us on the road, kids can throw balls, sprinkers can go off.....he doesnt care). Great to trailer and gets along with mares and geldings in turnout. UTD on all.

The Negatives: He has arthritis in his knee which makes him only suitable for flat work and light jumping. I have him in work 6 days a week riding for 45-60 minutes and he has stayed sound. Also makes somewhat of a raspy noise when he is working....the vet looked at him and said it does not seem to bother him and is not roarers syndrome.

I am open to different options(i.e. long term free lease/transfer of ownership ect....I just want to find him the perfect home)

This kind and Handsome gelding is still looking for a great home!