The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Default Stay safe all those in OK, MO and elsewhere

Here is to major jingles for friends living in recent Tornado alley!!!! Kathy, Barbara and others - here's to you and yours being safe and sound!!!!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    Here is to major jingles for friends living in recent Tornado alley!!!! Kathy, Barbara and others - here's to you and yours being safe and sound!!!!
    Well, I'll take those jingles! It looks like it is going to be a long night here in western Missouri, but we are as prepared as you can be in a situation like this. We at least have a storm shelter and I just checked the weather radio batteries, flashlight batteries, etc. I think Oklahoma is getting it pretty bad right now and I hope everyone there is safe.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Yes. I second that. The weather this year seems unusually crazy. Prayers and jingles to all.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Jingling for all of you. This is so scary... what do you do with the horses?
    \Just checked on Marestare and SilverCreek's cam is still on!

Thanks! We didn't get hit last night, so got lucky. My thoughts definately go out to everyone who was.

This was posted on facebook -

Desiree Fees Walling who lives in Calumet lost everything in today's tornado. They lost their house, barns, cars, all their horses(they foster many of the horses from Blaze's Equine Rescue) and several of their pets. Please send healing thoughts to them and others that were affected by the tornado.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Thanks for the good wishes! They worked . The storm just skirted us, although I would have liked a LITTLE bit of the rain. These storms are spectacular to watch. You just don't have any concept of the sheer size of the clouds and movement until you're standing right underneath them. Beautiful in a scary kind of way!

And today? Beautiful, sunny day with the highs in the low 80's. Bizarre!
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Severe t-storms here last night, but no tornados, thankfully. Hail, 60 mph winds, but from what I can see this morning no major damage here. Now if we can get through today's nasty weather we will hopefully be done with this for a while.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

So glad to hear that Equine Repro, Showjumpers66, Hillside, etc., are okay.

Such sad news....
    Desiree Fees Walling who lives in Calumet lost everything in today's tornado. They lost their house, barns, cars, all their horses(they foster many of the horses from Blaze's Equine Rescue) and several of their pets. Please send healing thoughts to them and others that were affected by the tornado.
    Devastating weather this spring!

Jingles and prayers for all those who have or are suffering this volatile spring weather. Glad to hear many of our folks are safe and without problems!
    Terri Chabaud
    Zydeco Farm/Zydeco Sport Horses
    http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/ZydecoFarm/

My DH was trying to fly from NY to Chicago today, American Airlines cancelled all the flights. We are in tornado alley here in Illinois, too!

I cringe when I hear the storms are going right over my boarding barn, but they do a good job keeping the critters safe.

Jingles for all the folks who have had those bad storms. Be safe all!

It's 50/50 whether to leave horses in or out in a tornado, but for hail and such I think insside is the best option.

OMG that poor person who lost everything; I can't even fathom. Is there somewhere to make donations?

We had some bad storms yesterday in SE VA where it was touch-and-go sketchy for a few moments, incredible wind gusts (I think recorded at 70mph locally), lots of power out and trees down but I think all are safe - it does seem like such widespread severe weather and disasters in general for the world this year.

Glad to hear folks checking in here that are safe!
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

I can't imagine...please stay safe...jingling for this awful weather to end soon!!

COTH jingles worked for us!! A tornado missed us by about 5 miles. Erased the town it hit from the map!! We had horrific thunderstorms Sunday night and all day Monday and got 10 inches of rain. The creek that is supposed to be 300 feet away from our house came up to within about 50 feet. Super angry flood waters, but no water in the house or any of the barns. It seems we spend more time cleaning up and "re"fixing things here in OK...ice storms, blizzards, tornados, wind storms and droughts!!!

I can't imagine what the people who have been hit by the tornados and flood waters are going through. 1/3 of Joplin, Mo. isn't there any more and over a 100 lives lost and more unaccounted for.

Thanks for the good wishes and jingles!!
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma