The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov. 7, 2001
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,290

    Default Any results or observations from the Spy Coast hosted YHS show?

    Standout young horses? Standout groups of get? Format of the shows?

    Anything? Family matters prevented, but I really wanted to go watch. Hope all the spectators and attendees had a lovely weekend.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun. 4, 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    The stallion show was fabulous. I was hoping to see SCF's newest acquisition and he was a surprise add to the lineup. He's definitely a sports car!
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov. 7, 2001
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    If you have a few minutes and don't mind sharing, which stallions were in the show? Did they show them under saddle, over a few fences, or in hand or some of each?

    I'd love to see these YHS shows take off, and especially if they can incorporate aspects like stallion shows as well. I really would have loved to go.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan. 19, 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Everyone at NAS and SCF would like to thank all participants for a wonderful show on Saturday. The show was a great success and the overall quality of the horses was exceptional. We apologize for the delay in finalizing the scores Saturday but we had to make sure that they were accurate. The final official scores and qualification results will be posted on line shortly. A special thank you to Dr. Etta Bradecamp and Rood and Riddle, YJC, BWP, ESP, J&D Wood and a special thank you to everybody at Spy Coast Farm for hosting another wonderful event.
    North American Studbook
    www.northamericanstudbook.com



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep. 4, 2007
    Location
    Crossville, TN
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    I had a very nice time at the show with my three year old filly. The facility was beautiful, the staff wonderful, and lunch was delicious. The stallion show was interesting, each stallion was shown in hand and discussed.

    I would be very happy to attend again and hope that the shows continue especially here in Lexington.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan. 19, 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    65

    Default

    North American Studbook
    www.northamericanstudbook.com



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun. 4, 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    If you have a few minutes and don't mind sharing, which stallions were in the show? Did they show them under saddle, over a few fences, or in hand or some of each?
    It was just a small introduction to most of Spy Coast's stallions (two are in EU) along with 2 others from Jump Start Farm. The stallions presented were:

    Far West (Muguet du Manoir/Amour du Bois/Centaure due Bois) He's a grand old man (93 model) whom I have a soft spot for. He was a finalist in the French 4 & 5 yr old Cycle Classique before he was imported. He then went on to compete at the GP level up and down the east coast for a number of years very successfully before being retired in 2010.

    Vision (Clinton/Alexis Z/Pinocchio). He's the only fully licensed BWP stallion in the US by Clinton and he brings this blood to us in a very rideable package. He's also gorgeous, tall, and has very good conformation. He was jumping at Level 8 before an injury prematurely ended a very promising career. I had the chance to see some of his foals and they are leggy and very friendly.

    Bretagne VDL (Cardento/Indorado/Nimmedor) He's just 5 and qualified for the 5 yr old young jumper championships with very little showing. He's a bay with a modern build and good looks. He, to me, screamed "Sunday horse".

    Baldev (Namelus R/Dageraad/Triton) - He is the newest addition to SCFs lineup and he did not disappoint. I was hoping to get to see him and he was a last minute add. He is a sports car. He's leading the 5 yr old Young Jumpers Standings with just 4 shows under his belt.

    SCF Renaissance (Lux Z/Silvio/Landadel) He's a very modern blood type with a fancy exterior that I watched hunt a GP course in Wellington last year shortly after he was imported. He's a young stallion that they have high hopes for. I've been in his stall and he's an absolute gentleman.

    King de Coquerie (Voltaire/Quidam de Revel/Quastor) He's a sizeable stallion with a regal presence about him. Very harmonious in his build.

    Balta'Czar (Alla'Czar/Columbus/Condino) Not sure who is more known, Balta'Czar or his famous dam Jete. A very versatile stallion that really stamps his progeny.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun. 4, 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NAS Info View Post
    What about the schooling jump chute scores?
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Hmm......no horse that broke the 9 mark for freejumping ?



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr. 22, 2005
    Posts
    474

    Default

    I heard they may be doing something at Upperville? If so, any info? Would like to attend. Thanks.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov. 9, 2004
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    Hmm......no horse that broke the 9 mark for freejumping ?
    Well, my Cassini II x Contendro gelding received several 9's as well as a 10 for scope from one judge, but the other also gave him some 7s, so his score landed where it did. But it should not surprise you that he has plenty of scope being 75% Holsteiner by bloodlines.

    I felt there were some things that could be improved, but all in all it was a fun day and a good experience. I was a little disappointed in the "stallion show" portion. Their horses are obviously lovely, but I would have liked to see them under saddle, or at least trot in hand, rather than just stand up and walk.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

    http://www.halcyon-hill.com



  12. #12
    Join Date
    May. 19, 2010
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    Hmm......no horse that broke the 9 mark for freejumping ?
    It's not a stallion selection keuring! ;o)

    I know that for many of the 2 yr olds it was their first time in a chute. Honestly, I would rather see that and lower scores because of lack of experience than having fully prepped 2 yr olds in the chute...they're still so young and gangly why put the huge pressure on them at that stage. I had one that jumped well/qualified for the Young Horse Championships, and one I feel like hiding for a while, just still figuring out where his wheels are (though qualified for the Championships In-Hand division).

    The 3 yrs and up group I cannot speak to, but it's good to remember that it is still a relatively small show at the moment that has its gears turning with a lot of momentum behind it, but still it is in its early stages. The judges were fair in their scores and I think truly saving the 9 scores for something incredible and deserving...and bushkn's was definitely one of those! (damn he's a gelding!!!)

    Would love to see some of your's at the show. It is an inviting format and certainly a great way to get these young ones a little taste of showing without so much pressure. Also a good way to market/network and get some exposure.


    Curious to know what you are getting at with your comment though?



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinBeans81 View Post
    It's not a stallion selection keuring! ;o)

    I know that for many of the 2 yr olds it was their first time in a chute. Honestly, I would rather see that and lower scores because of lack of experience than having fully prepped 2 yr olds in the chute...they're still so young and gangly why put the huge pressure on them at that stage. I had one that jumped well/qualified for the Young Horse Championships, and one I feel like hiding for a while, just still figuring out where his wheels are (though qualified for the Championships In-Hand division).

    The 3 yrs and up group I cannot speak to, but it's good to remember that it is still a relatively small show at the moment that has its gears turning with a lot of momentum behind it, but still it is in its early stages. The judges were fair in their scores and I think truly saving the 9 scores for something incredible and deserving...and bushkn's was definitely one of those! (damn he's a gelding!!!)

    Would love to see some of your's at the show. It is an inviting format and certainly a great way to get these young ones a little taste of showing without so much pressure. Also a good way to market/network and get some exposure.


    Curious to know what you are getting at with your comment though?
    Wasn't actually getting at anything. There were 2 , 3 and 4 year olds in the free jumping chute and several of them . I was just curious that not a single horse broke out of the 8's that's all.

    Would have loved to participate but 9 hours is too much of a haul just to free jump.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buschkn View Post
    Well, my Cassini II x Contendro gelding received several 9's as well as a 10 for scope from one judge, but the other also gave him some 7s, so his score landed where it did. But it should not surprise you that he has plenty of scope being 75% Holsteiner by bloodlines.

    I felt there were some things that could be improved, but all in all it was a fun day and a good experience. I was a little disappointed in the "stallion show" portion. Their horses are obviously lovely, but I would have liked to see them under saddle, or at least trot in hand, rather than just stand up and walk.
    Congrats Bushkn......Not surpising your Cassini II / Contendro jumped well. My Cassini II / Lavaletto / Acord II mare jumps like a cat and has been purchased by buyers on Long Island as a GP horse. I bred another full sister (3 yrs old) to this one and she will have a foal from Livello before she embarks on her show career.

    I also have a 4 yr old gelding by Roller Coaster / Cassini II / Lavaletto / Acord II that is an incredible athlete.

    Cassini II makes good horses......



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec. 19, 2005
    Location
    Some where in the middle of nowhere.
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Bayhawk totally off topic but since your using him What sort of mares to you think would be best crossed with Livello? What would you look towards him to improve vs what do you feel he needs in a mare ?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hackinaround View Post
    Bayhawk totally off topic but since your using him What sort of mares to you think would be best crossed with Livello? What would you look towards him to improve vs what do you feel he needs in a mare ?
    I can only tell you what I know about the family as I am good friends with the breeders of Livello's mother. I am not personally using him but the person who bought my Cassini II / Lavaletto / Acord II mare is. I think it's a fine idea as I bred this mare and I have intimate knowledge of Livello's mothers. This mare is medium size with a very modern exterior and lots of blood and quickness.

    This is one of the best motherlines that has ever been produced. The grandmother Biserta was a very special mare. The horses are all tall , framey with powerful movements and they are horses for all people to ride.

    Limbus was an obvious pick for this motherline as he is a bit smaller , quicker and can sometimes make them a little hot and tricky in the mouth. Perfect motherline for Limbus and there's no wonder Livello is a special stallion.

    I have bought 4 from them from this exact same line all coming from Biserta.
    2 stallions
    Canturo / Acord II / Corde / Raimond
    Calido / Acord II / Corde / Raimond
    2 mares
    Casiro / Canturo / Acord II / Corde / Raimond
    Classe / Canturo / Acord I / Corde / Raimond

    The Acord II mare won the Nations Cup in Helsinki. This is one of the best lines of sporthorses you will find anywhere.

    I would stick with modern mares of today for Livello with enough blood under the rider. Otherwise Livello is correct with very good legs. If your mare is big (16.3 + ) I might select another stallion because Livello's mothers were all very tall.

    This foal that's being produced will be Livello / Cassini II / Lavaletto / Acord II stamm 318a2 . This is a combination of the motherlines that made Livello and Carlo......two of the top showjumpers today. Should be an interesting baby.

    Hope that helps !



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2000
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Are the schooling jump chute scores going to be posted like the show back in March? Curious minds would love to see the results!



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan. 19, 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    65

    Default

    The schooling/training jump chute scores will no longer be posted due to a change of rules and scoring system within the class (A to F instead of 1 to 10). Our goal is to make this class the least competitive possible but rather focus on the educational value of it for the horses, owners and public. Each owers still recieves a sheet with an evaluation and assesment from the judge but a comparaison between horses becomes irrelevant. For more info, please feel free to contact us directly. Thank you.
    Last edited by NAS Info; May. 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
    North American Studbook
    www.northamericanstudbook.com



Similar Threads

  1. Hano Licensing - observations on results ...
    By Sunnydays in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Nov. 17, 2013, 10:07 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar. 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan. 29, 2011, 01:58 PM
  4. Nature Coast DT & CT - Complete results
    By DrivingNewsUSA in forum Driving
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan. 26, 2010, 06:41 AM
  5. Gold Coast results?
    By MANGO75 in forum Dressage
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jan. 24, 2010, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness