The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

In my cubicle reading the forum instead of working!

Default Jumper as polo prospect?

I was wondering if anyone has sold their smaller-statured jumpers as polo prospects? I have a smaller warmblood jumper mare for sale (on the "big" website--jumping pic and video) very reasonably priced in the low 4 figs but haven't had any luck.
    Someone suggested I market her as a polo prospect----if anyone has done this please share your story or PM me. I am familiar with all the hunter/jumper websites out there, but I would have no clue as to where to market a polo prospect. Thanks!

Where you are located is the best place to start.
    I've had both a branded Oldenburg and Hanoverian in my string at different points (both flunked out jump prospects, and neither over 15.2). They were both lighter bodied mares with quite a lot of TB blood, had nice minds and developed decent handle.
    For me, they need to be quick, not necessarily fast, and have the ability to be "handy" (light and lateral).

Tell me more?

Sportinghorsepolo you have a PM.

Your best bet would be to contact a club directly, generally word gets around through all the players in the club and if someone is looking they could contact you.

I'd be really intrigued to see the mare, actually. My best hunter was a polo horse, then a champ hunter, and I am playing him again this year...

But yes, it's important they be essentially not spooky, quick, levelheaded, and have some body and some run
    "Disapproval of the way other people run their businesses and treat their horses is the meat and drink of the hunter-jumper industry."
    Working Student Blog
    Current Blog