The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone want to dissect my TB's pedigree?

I have an OTTB (so race-bred) that I'm thinking of dabbling in eventing with (from jumper-land). He's 15.3hh and 14 years old now. Not put together beautifully, he's downhill, but he's always been sound and is athletic. His flatwork is great when I actually have him working several days a week, he LOVES to jump, and I think he could be decent cross-country for the low low levels we'd be doing. He's still learning to be more careful down hills.

Anyway, I know his pedigree doesn't truly matter, I'll have him forever anyway and we probably wouldn't ever go anywhere higher than maybe the 2'6"-2'9" height of eventing, but I'm curious as to what his pedigree speaks! If any of the horses say anything about soundness, jumping ability, etc. I know nothing about it all. Thanks!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/set+dance

It is a nice sport pedigree.
    The old line to Tom Fool on top, the reliable Eight Thirty. Olympia and Blue Castle are all old strong sport lines with Heliopolis and Blenheim. Mr Prospector has the down hill conformation but his pedigree is sport with Raise a Native and Nashua. If your level of competition doesn't challenge the down hill conformation they can do very well. The mare side is lovely. Habitat, Crozier, more Blenheim and Revoked PatO

Also you've got My Babu and Sir Gaylord on the bottom. I'm no expert but even I know that those are good names in a pedigree for a sport horse.