The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Virlina- 4 yr arabian filly located at Delaware Park

I do not own the horse just trying to help the trainer find her a home.

4 YO filly ~14.3 h. She kicked through her stall as a 2 YO and hurt her back leg--scarring but came sound, never x-rayed. She was put in training and never was lame, she even did some slower breezes with no problem. When she started doing faster work she developed heat in the leg but did not show any lameness. Her name is Virlina and she is nicely bred. Trainer trained for Sheik Mohammmad bin Rashad al Maktoum for 10 years in California and her sire and dam were both bred by Sheik Mohammad (Godolphin Stables). Felina de Fabrees (Fr) is the sire, dam is Virtuce by Virgule al Maury (Fr). She is talented but bossy and marish, not for a beginner.

Send me a PM for vid/pic/contact info.

1 members found this post helpful.

She is very nice looking! Too far away for me assuming I can sneak her past the "gate keeper" husband who says no more room at the inn.

This mare was just ran through an auction yesterday and bought for slaughter

This breaks my heart. Any idea what auction she sold at or or which buyer picked her up? There is an extensive equine rescue network that tries to bail out horses purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabask View Post
    This mare was just ran through an auction yesterday and bought for slaughter
    what?! what a shame. i didn't catch this post was 4 years old... how sad ): yes, any chance we can help? set a COTH dribble-fund?

I put a post out on Facebook's ERN page to see if anyone has any details or recognizes this mare. ERN was at New Holland yesterday and there were a lot of horse that ran through.

Kelly Smith (on FB) is networking her for bail/rescue/a home. YES, she needs help in all ways to avoid getting on the truck to slaughter. Anyone who can donate, should do so quickly through Kelly's rescue...

I found Kelly's page, but I haven't found what page the details on this mare are located ...

I can take her if someone can put me in touch with whoever has her at the moment. I have a trailer and can get her if she's within about 8 hours of KY. I called the number listed for the rescue and can't get through and can't leave a voicemail. Does anyone know where she went through the auction so I can contact them?
    Somewhere in the world, Jason Miraz is Goodling himself and wondering why "the chronicle of the horse" is a top hit. CaitlinAndTheBay

2 members found this post helpful.

Candle, I sent you a different # and also sent kelly your number...fingers crossed that it works out for you and the mare!

Quote Originally Posted by bathsheba8542 View Post
    Candle, I sent you a different # and also sent kelly your number...fingers crossed that it works out for you and the mare!
    I hope this works out!

Jingles jingled and messages left. I'm praying that she's still alive and that somehow she can make it closer to me so I don't have to do an 18 hour round trip.
    Somewhere in the world, Jason Miraz is Goodling himself and wondering why "the chronicle of the horse" is a top hit. CaitlinAndTheBay

More jingles please. I just fell in love with her face when I opened those original pics.

I fell in love with her, too, but timing wasn't right back when the post originally hit and even more so now. I will do whatever I can to help the process along, though.

Argh this is like dating all over again!!! I got nervous when she picked up the phone and I'm also between patients, so rushed anyway, and I think I sounded like an idiot. Now to wait and see if I get a call back.... Thankfully my references (should it get to that point) are a little smoother on the phone!

"She's beautiful and she looks exactly like my other mare and I want to give her a good home" and then I blabbed on about what I do with them. Sigh..... Jingles? I'm sooooo not cool on the phone.... I also have zero information on price at this point because again, not smooth on phone, forgot to ask. I haven't paid anything significant for a horse in years, in this economy people are asking me to take them and take care of them, and I do, so that may factor in as well.

I think it'll be fine .. If it is meant, it will work!

I'd love to see where the efforts are being made online to get this horse to a home, but have not found it thus far.

She told me she's networking. Apparently has had a lot of interest from breeding homes and I can see why, but I agree with her 100% about not breeding a rescued horse. I sounded like a moron I didn't know that auction horses don't have to have coggins and health certs. Any state I've lived in had to have that current to be transported or show up at any reputable facility. I'm stuck at work with no patients showing up to be seen, so this is torturous. Am trying to be very zen about it though. I don't NEED another horse, so if there's someone out there who's better for her than I am, that's fine. I also don't want to take her if I can't take legal ownership and also have her papers transferred to me. It just doesn't make sense to me to put that much time and work into a horse and not be considered the horse's only legal owner. I have seen court cases where ownership papers turned out to be a factor. Oh well...... thanks for keeping me company, chance2jump!

She has an incredibly nice pedigree, but there is no need to continue breeding. I'm in complete agreement there.

Coggins is specified by state law as long as they are not transported over state lines, then federally required coggins / health certs. I have no idea what the laws are for the auction she sold at, I just know in MI she would have had to have at least a coggins legally to run through the sale but no health cert.