The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Registered Anglo-Trakehner broodmare IL

Not mine, but you can contact me for contact info.

"Temptation - 1990

Bay 16.2h 1/2 Trakhner mare by the Trakehner Troubadour out of Double Test xx, a registered ATA Anglo-Trakehner. Her breeding on both sides reads like a dream: Maharadscha who goes back to Fetisz ox Sir Galahad, Man of War, Blenheim on the lower side. She passes size and a spectacular trot to her foals.

PHOTO: http://www.udonet.com/egretlake/horses/temptation_lg.jpg"

She is located in Carbondale, IL and is free to a good home.
    www.four-leaf-farm.com
    Proud Breeder of Trakehners and Anglo-Trakehners.

BUMP for Temptation.

Her owner is taking her to an auction in 2 weeks. I am going to try and get someone down there to pick her up if she is truly in danger, but I would rather not add another horse to my herd permanently.

Please PM for further information, and feel free to spread the word!
    www.four-leaf-farm.com

I know nothing about Trakehners, but I can do google searches and I'm stunned with this particular female family.

Google "Double Test" and "Roman Bath" and just sit back.

While I'm not a fan of the father/daughter breeding technique used, it does appear that Double Test has been a great producer. I have no less than three of her dauthers (Nasera, Matura, and Temptation) and all have been great mothers. Bred by Edith Kosterka (a big name in ATA breeding??)

ALSO.. this particular mare, Temptation, has a filly for sale for almost $9000. Check out the link: http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-1058939.html

I'll be I could find out more, but this appears to be an extraordinary giveaway to me.

Thanks Springboro,

She is from very good lines. I have spoken to the (new) owner of the mare you saw listed, and she is very nice. Temptation has a gelding son who is also successfully competing. I have had numerous people call and email to tell me that they knew Temptation, and Double Test xx as well. By all accounts, they are/were both very good producers.

She has not found a home yet, but I have offered to pay for shipping and take her here for the time being. She was being offered along with a well-broke little arab gelding, and I have a friend who is taking the gelding for his son. He has also offered to keep Temptation at his farm on pasture for me, at no cost, as long as I provide feed, etc. Once she arrives, I will have her vetted and get good conformation photos and update the thread. She should be here within a week or so...
    www.four-leaf-farm.com

Well, they have arrived! Temptation is very sweet, and HUGE. Her little arabian gelding friend has already won the hearts of everyone, too. His new young owner cannot get over how nice he is.

http://www.four-leaf-farm.com/Temptation.html
    www.four-leaf-farm.com

MargauxR Guest

Well done and congratulations!

She is s pretty girl.

If you're looking for a new home for her, let me know. I'm looking for a very specific horse (sweet, generous, non-spooky, great with dogs)-- do let me know if she may be it!

Best regards and well done!

Thank you. I have sent you a PM.

Temptation has settled in well, and is now being handled every day. She is in her own private grass paddock and we are working on giving her a real job.

I'll update the website ASAP.
    www.four-leaf-farm.com