The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Carracci's owners are fabulous people. We were talking at the GP the other night and got on the subject of stallions, which is when he came up. As I said, they are not actively standing him at this point, but in talking to them I believe that if there is interest they would like to do so. Don't know how long he'd be free or "at cost", but even with a fee he's still a good pedigree to have to use, eh? I am definitely going to see him in two weeks - will get photos then!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsella View Post
    Carracci's owners are fabulous people. We were talking at the GP the other night and got on the subject of stallions, which is when he came up. As I said, they are not actively standing him at this point, but in talking to them I believe that if there is interest they would like to do so. Don't know how long he'd be free or "at cost", but even with a fee he's still a good pedigree to have to use, eh? I am definitely going to see him in two weeks - will get photos then!
    Yes ! And since he's already approved with the Verband , it's just simple activation and appearence at an inspecton I think. Have them call the office in KY to be sure.

I checked the FN database. He has only 10 registred offspring in Germany, one did very well under Kutscher (China Blue). He did his mperformancetest in 1998 with 98 for dressage and 124 for jumping. His breedingvalue for jumping is 134 with an offcourse low reliability. He was in German times owned by Gestut Dobel.
    Found a picture of him:
    http://sporthorse-data.com/horse/241...rracci-big.jpg

Saw Carracci in person yesterday. Oh. Mein. Gott. In. Himmel. Going to take photos this weekend, but let me just say he is STUNNING...

Saw Carracci in person yesterday. Oh. Mein. Gott. In. Himmel. Going to take photos this weekend, but let me just say he is STUNNING...
    Donna told me the same thing. I'm so glad I have 2 mares going to him.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Is he now standing to the public?

Sort of... I'll PM you this evening.

Default Cartier Van Schluttershof

Cartier Van Schuttershof (Caretino X Cantus X Landgraf X Fokus II, stamm 8769) is just retired to stud at Prairie Pines Sporthorses. Bred by Gerd Magens, he is out of a very successful performance stamm, who produced Holsteiner Verband approved international show jumper stallion Come On (full sister, Kathy Come On is Cartier's dam), Olympic bronze medallist Nobless M, international show jumpers Fleur, Cheers Cassini and Big Sir. Cartier had a super show jumping career: after a successful 5 and 6 YO campaign in Europe he came to North America as a junior jumper with Emily Skoggard, then he continued as a successful Grand Prix horse with Willie Tynan and finally finished with Hailey Waters as a junior jumper.
    As he was imported out of Holstein as a youngster, he is SBS and AES approved in Europe, he will be presented to several major breed associations, including AHHA, this coming summer and fall.
    He had a few foals in Europe - but as far as what he is going to in the breeding shed and what kind of demand there will be - it's hard to tell. I am hoping this medium-size, compact and powerful stallion will be a perfect match for most of the Lotus T daughters who tend to be very tall and heavy on the "L"-line.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDm075abuPw
    Last edited by szipi; May. 1, 2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: forgot to add info

Carilindo is an 8 year old Caretino stallion owned by Gail Dady of Middleburg, Virginia. He has been active in the YJP.

Sorry I didn't PM anyone last night - I should be talking to Carracci's owner today and will PM you all after that...

PM sent...

I am interested in breeding to Carracci and would greatly appreciate any information! Thanks!!

I went over to Diamond Edge Farm yesterday to pick up Carracci semen. Aside from being absolutely stunning and very well put together, what a lovely temperament on this stallion - think super sweet gelding with a couple of additional parts. Both Christina and Sean said that Carracci is passing along this temperament to his kids, even the boys who have remained in tact are easy to handle. His first US-born kids will be started this spring.

Kinsella has pointed us in the direction of very gracious and knowledgeable owners and a high quality stallion, for both jumper and hunter breeders (thank you Angela!) Since he competed in the jumper ring, I quizzed Christina about Carracci for hunters - her eyes just positively lit up . She said she would have loved to compete Carracci in the hunter ring but b/c of the Children's/Junior rule, had to compete the stallion in the jumpers.

While I don't necessarily agree with the stallion in the hunters rule, I do understand it. Safety first and all that... But I personally am SO glad they didn't geld Carracci and make him a hunter!

And just to make sure it is clear, neither Donna nor I have any financial interest in this horse. We don't own him, stand him, ride him, or gain from him in any way. We just happen to like him A LOT, and we want to see him get used in this country before it's too late...

While I don't necessarily agree with the stallion in the hunters rule, I do understand it. Safety first and all that... But I personally am SO glad they didn't geld Carracci and make him a hunter!

And just to make sure it is clear, neither Donna nor I have any financial interest in this horse. We don't own him, stand him, ride him, or gain from him in any way. We just happen to like him A LOT, and we want to see him get used in this country before it's too late...
    As a holsteiner girl, his bloodlines and the fact he's produced high level jumpers with an extremely limited EU crop of a whopping 10 says quite a bit! Couple that with his exterior and his mind/temperament I jumped at putting 2 mares to him.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Quote Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post
    As a holsteiner girl, his bloodlines and the fact he's produced high level jumpers with an extremely limited EU crop of a whopping 10 says quite a bit! Couple that with his exterior and his mind/temperament I jumped at putting 2 mares to him.
    Got a video of him Jen ?

Reece, here is some video I found online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoilYegIVJg

Quote Originally Posted by baywithchrome2 View Post
    Reece, here is some video I found online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoilYegIVJg
    Thanks BWC !

Typical Caretino type and neck , has ample blood and reminds me of Caretano Z . Nice horse.

Took a few photos the other day... Planning to do a formal shoot in the next week, but here he is in his non-prepped glory!

Carracci 1

Carracci 2

Carracci 3

Carracci 4 - LOVE his kind eye!!

What he thought of it all...

Going to do baby pictures when I go back out as well. There is a 3yo colt and 2 2012 babies at the farm right now.