The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Caretino sons in the US?

Who and where? And is there/would there be any breeding interest if there was another one available?
    Not all who wander are lost.

Carino G is in New Mexico, and Calentino is in Canada-- both these two are approved AHHA.

Cabardino is a grand son..

There is no breeding interest to any stallion, much, in the present economy, but I'd say the answer to your question would depend on the mother side of his son, and what that kid has accomplished/ produced. Caretino historically was very tricky to breed to. Brilliant, but not always typey offspring.

Anna

Oh I know there is no interest in breeding anything right now. A friend of mine has a Caretino son that their daughter did in the Jr Jumpers (was a GP horse in Spain before they bought it) that is now retired and hanging out. They asked me if there might be interest in him and I said I'd check it out. He was approved in Germany, and just needs to be inspected here (they have been told it would be no problem as he was approved in Germany), something they aren't going to do unless there is interest.
    Last edited by Kinsella; Sep. 4, 2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: No longer free, so I edited that part out

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsella View Post
    Oh I know there is no interest in breeding anything right now. A friend of mine has a Caretino son that their daughter did in the Jr Jumpers (was a GP horse in Spain before they bought it) that is now retired and hanging out. They asked me if there might be interest in him and I said I'd check it out. He was approved in Germany, and just needs to be inspected here (they have been told it would be no problem as he was approved in Germany), something they aren't going to do unless there is interest. Also, they would likely stand him for free to start (MO pays collection/shipping expenses).
    Whats the pedigree ? If he is approved in Germany , this may spark some interest.

Well, he WAS approved in Germany, have no idea how that works once a horse is out of the country and the owner isn't paying fees/dues.... He's out of a Grundyman/Calypso II mare. I have NO specifics of his previous show career other than that he did GP, but the great brain with a young Jr rider makes him interesting to me. Which leads me to asking how does one go about getting a show record out of Europe? One that is 10+ years old...

I am guessing this might be Carracci? Handsome guy.

It is Carracci. He IS NOT currently being advertised or standing to the public. I'm just checking out the interest for them...

Where do I see this Carrachi and find out what his stamm is ?

Thanks for the link Nick.

I think especially since the death of Caretino recently , he should be activated with the AHHA and give the breeders a chance to use him. He has interesting blood.

Gail Dady of Middleburg, Va. owns 7 year old Carilindo by Caretino. Carilindo just was 2nd in 7/8 YR Old Young Jumpers at Lexington, Va. To date, I don't believe he is approved for breeding but he is a sound, handsome, correct imported-at-four youngster.

One of the best Small Junior Hunters in the nation is a Caretino son, er gelding. We had one in the barn and sold is for $$$$$$$$. I'd take a hundred of those!

Quote Originally Posted by LovesHorses View Post
    One of the best Small Junior Hunters in the nation is a Caretino son, er gelding. We had one in the barn and sold is for $$$$$$$$. I'd take a hundred of those!
    Who?

I would certainly be interested in a stallion with that pedigree, not just because he was a Caretino. We know Caretino has bred many horses for the top of the sport, but its his over all pedigree that is appealing. Now whether I would breed my mares to him is based on a lot more information.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

We, too, would be interested. We had a Caretino granddaughter, Tisolde, that we just loved and who has gone from championship to championship in the Midwest ridden by juniors. Before that, she was doing the High Juniors with Monica in New England. This mare loved her job and from an early age taught her young riders the ropes. More of this kind of mind we always like!
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

I would think a stallion shown by a junior at Grand Prix and approved in Germany by the HOlsteiner Verband would draw interest.

If he doesn't, the market is beyond depressed.

Kudos to the owners for considering making this guy available at cost with the intent of preserving his good performance genes.

Carracci was boarded here over the winter while his owners were in FL and I will say that he is a lovely horse. He has a kind, easy, loving temperament, and is compact and very athletic. He is a more modern type and would probably be a good match for many of the Holsteiner mares here, esp the heavier ones who need to be lightened up a bit.

He has a superb canter and is extremely balanced. I have nothing but good things to say about him, and his owners are lovely people. He was campaigned by a talented junior who, as mentioned, was very young when they got him. His brain and bloodlines alone should make people take notice, aside from his nice exterior.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Caretano owned by Hannah Goodson-Cutt.