The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Confession

I love buying my cats new toys! I can't avoid the 99 cent bin!

My cats are very active and love to play with toys! I recently discovered the 99 cent bins at Pet Supermarket. There is always new cool looking one each time I go, so I end up buying them new toys!

I justify it by its only 99 cents!

I write this as my youngest is actively playing with a new toy I brought home for them this evening.

And even cheaper.....a few bottle tops, cardboard box, and paperbag. Entire night of entertainment.

I'm still searching for all the toys that have disappeared in the last two days.

My two bad girls found a really interesting toy last night - they discovered that the right amount of presumably attacking would send the recycle bag to the bottom of the stairs, thereby waking me with the clatter of runaway tin cans
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

Hahahaha! You're not the only one! My cat gets the rattly mice almost every time I walk into a pet store. Whatever I get her, it *has* to rattle. Bells, meh. Crinkly stuff, meh. No noise, it gets ignored. But if it rattles, we are off to the races.

Eventually all the mice will get batted under furniture that kitty no longer fits under, and then I get my sweat scraper and swat them all back out into the foyer for her, which is great fun. She comes running when she hears me get my sweat scraper out.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

I'm cheap, $.33 knee high bubbles(WalMart) with about a teaspoon of dry rice, bought at the $1 store

Pens skitter nicely across a HW floor.

Old socks stuffed with old pillow fluff and CATNIP

Mine LOVELOVELOVE the real fur mice, but WW only carries Faux anymore. Anyone know where too get REAL(cat I'm sure) fur mice??

LBR

PS Super cheap WM bellball pack 12+/$3ish
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

Default not just for kitties: I too Confess

I. must. buy. cat. toys. for my dog I recently discovered the Pap loves the plastic webbed ball with a bell inside. He was fetching and swatting that noisy ball around my sister's at mach5. So of course she gave him his very own. Now I want to see if he'll like the cat pom pom ball us horsey folks sometimes use as horsey ear plugs. And he loves the fur mice. I also buy cat-sized stuffies, slice into them, insert a squeaker, stitch it up, and have the world's most grrreatest toy .

Actually, just this week I lost the bestest blue cat-toy-turned-squeaker. So of course I have to buy a new one. But I'm out of squeakers and the big pet chains don't sell them ...

I don't go to the mall. I might buy new clothes twice a year. I get my hair cut twice a year or less if I forget. I hate shoe shopping. But my dogs eat food only sold in speciality pet food stores and they get only organic buffalo, lamb, or gator bones sold in the same stores. What's another dollar at the register for an awesome cat -errr dog- toy?

Default Almost forgot

The same dog also looooves pens. They cannot be left on coffee tables because he will sneak up and steal.

He also loves paper and fetches, pounces, and shreds it ferociously.

Hmmmm maybe I should send in a DNA swab to see if he comes back 80% Papillon 20% Turkish Van

Wow Beethoven! Touched you profile instead thread. NICE JUMPER! What a lovely front-end. No comment on thread but great pic...