The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    When is the CT? I'm a hunter considering becoming an eventer, so I'd like to come and watch you eventers do 2/3's of what you do .
    It is sunday June 5th at Lehman's, should be laid back and a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by EventingJ View Post
    I think all this rain has been wrecking havoc on the farmers, unfortunately.

Another one bites the dust - GVPC Spring Event is now canceled as well. I did send in my entry for the CT at Lehman's, but now I'm scrambling to figure out another event to do (that won't be canceled!) maybe Lost Hounds?
    If you go to Lost Hounds and want to make a quick stop in Buffalo to pick me up, I'll be your own personal groom for free

I'll be volunteering at Lehmans for the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by EventingJ View Post
    It is sunday June 5th at Lehman's, should be laid back and a lot of fun
    I'll try to stop by, Lehman's is about 8 minutes from my house If you see a nerdy, preteen looking person looking lost and confused, that's probably me
    Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    I can't decide if I should saddle up the drama llama, dust off the clue bat, or get out my soapbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    I'll try to stop by, Lehman's is about 8 minutes from my house If you see a nerdy, preteen looking person looking lost and confused, that's probably me

Big Grey - go to the GVRDC website when we closer to the 5th so you can see when the dressage and the stadium are running. Dressage is first usually and if you watch several rides, it will give you an idea of a dressage test pattern. Enjoy!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I wanted to update the GVRDC CT - we placed 2nd finishing on our dressage score of 39. We warmed up sooo nicely, but then she was tense and behind the leg in the ring - oh well! She jumped everything, although wasn't impressed with the height at all. My first thought was to stick around and do the Novice course (for $10 you could do another course) but I was tired, she was tired, it was hot, and I really don't need to practice jumping the mare over a course a few inches higher, I know she can jump . The day before we schooling on xc at GVH, and she was a little silly but over all a good girl.

From XC Schooling:

First, small warm-up log

log pile

Jumping log downhill first time
    take 2

the first couple of times over the ditch were ugly and launching, but we got better
    ditch again

We did the log downhill, to the ditch, to this log

First time in the water was no problem!
    Wee!!

Little log house after water

Last year we launched off this drop over and over, once I even fell - not this year!
    Not falling off...

Going up
    the bank
    without eating any mane this year

This doesn't look at all scary in the picture, but it was cantering up to it. In the next second I am sitting back and letting the reins slide, as we land quite downhill

Little coop thing

Log going to this
    Bench, and then a few strides to a ditch (not pictured)

and one last coop

Our combined test, the next day:
    (No dressage pics)

She looks cute, I'm flapping my chicken wings

Second fence in that line

This was our completely awkward fence, doesn't look so bad in a picture

We recovered to jump the second fence in the line a whole lot better
    Second picture for that same fence

Last fence!

Forgot to take a picture with our pretty red ribbon, oh well! We had an awesome time and I'm very appreciative to everyone who helped make the CT happen!!

We are entered into Great Vista (June 19) BN, I just put in my entry for Stuart (N) and will enter GVH N as well

Default photos

great photos!! Do you know who shot them? I'd like to see if any of ours are up. Thanks!
    Member of the Standardbreds with Saddles Clique!

crickett - I'm pretty sure her husband with the RIDONKULOUS camera got the pics of her, I spot him easily with his sweet camera, he looks like a pro! J, you should totally get him to put his shots on a website and sell them.. and then have him give you the money to pay for clinics, schoolings, and events.

Congrats on second place with your fine little mare, can't wait to see you guys out again! We can actually talk this time! =P

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

oh bummer. I thought I saw several cameras there. I was rather hoping to have been able to see some pics. darn. lol.

Good job on your ride!

It was my DH who took those pics.... He will absolutely love that you said that!! I think he would *love* it if someone wanted to buy his photos, and it might encourage him to buy yet another camera body or lense...

I *think* I saw the lady from Alpha and Omega Photography there -

http://alphaandomega.exposuremanager.com/a

I'm almost positive there was someone there shooting, I just don't know who, sorry! I would guess to just check GVRDC's website or the usual suspect's websites. Since I'm new to eventing, I'm not sure who they are!

Jannah, can your DH hang out with my boyfriend and teach him to take better pictures..? Better yet.. have your DH take pictures of Jake and I and I WILL buy the photos from him! =P

ETA: No sign of them on Alpha Omega (at least not yet, anyway)
    Last edited by ake987; Jun. 7, 2011 at 09:01 PM.

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

Great photos! What a nice horse, and your position over the fences I saw was super!

Nothing on the alpha omega site, unfortunately. I also am new, and don't know who the "usual suspects" would be. lol. Seriously, if your hubby had gotten any of us, I probably would have purchased some. :-) Great ride!