The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default saddle fitter in bucks/montgomery county SE PA

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for a saddle fitter in bucks or montco. I have a collegiate that bridges a bit and i want to get some flocking added. What I do not want is a fitter who will come out, charge me $160 and tell me the saddle doesn't fit and do nothing else. (That's the experience I had the last time I had a fitter out.) Any suggestions? We are in New Hope. Thanks!
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

I use a great saddle fitter in the area, however, she will charge you to come out, and if your saddle is bridging, she will tell you that it doesn't fit and there isn't anything she can do. Putting more wool into the saddle doesn't correct the mis-match in tree shape vs the horses back.

hmmm..it's tough, bc when i bought the saddle i got it "fitted" by the store's fitter. she can't flock, only change gullets/shim. she said it fit BUT there is a dry spot right behind my horse's withers after i ride. she is extremely tough to fit and this is by far the best fit of any of the many many saddles i've tried on her in the last 6 years. i *think* what it's doing is bridging (i can slip my hand under the saddle much more easily behind the withers than i can under the pommel/cantle) but i'm not sure bc i'm not an expert. and i can certainly understand charging to come out...but $160 when i was just an add on client (iow she was there anyway) and she literally spent less than 30 sec looking at the saddle was just too much for me. O_o
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE