The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dover Store to open in Parker, CO???

Yep, just got my invitation from Dover...It's pretty exciting for us Coloradans!!

Where's it gonna be located?

According to this invite (and I really don't spend all that much with Dover mind you...!) it will be located at 11120 South Twenty Mile Rd in Parker, CO 80134

I guess it's off of Ridgegate Parkway. Be interesting to see how it does! Grand opening weekend is June 24-26

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

They don't even have the store listed on the website yet! An IKEA in Denver and a Dover in Parker. Getting ready for lots of time on 25!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

When is it opening?

The Grand Opening for our Dover Saddlery Store in Parker is the weekend of June 24-26 - ribbon-cutting is at 9am on June 24. We look forward to seeing you there! Address is 11120 South Twenty Mile Road, Parker.
    Janet Nittmann
    Corporate Communications Director
    Dover Saddlery, Inc.

The Twenty Mile area is west of downtown Parker, across Hwy 83, the main North/South two lane hwy, the area roughly between Hwy 83 and Cherry Creek. Twenty Mile refers to a historic stage stop 20 miles outside of Denver.
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

According to Google maps, it's to the west of the Target.

Yup, it's right behind the Target, about 10 minutes away from me. I do love being surrounded by tack shops in a very horsey area... but I hope they don't hurt the local shops. I do plan to go to the grand opening though in case there are good sales
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithfizz View Post
    Yup, it's right behind the Target, about 10 minutes away from me. I do love being surrounded by tack shops in a very horsey area... but I hope they don't hurt the local shops. I do plan to go to the grand opening though in case there are good sales

Speaking of which, I just saw a "Going out of Business Sale" flyer up in a barn aisle for Horse and Hound tack shop in Franktown.
    (Re my removed "Death for the local guys" comment, I really did not know the owner had died. I meant that in relation to Dover moving in, but it seems Charles, the venerable owner, really did die.
    Here is the sale info on their website: http://www.horseandhoundtackstore.com/
    Last edited by Plumcreek; Jun. 17, 2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: edit for the sale info

oh, how sad...I remember seeing him at a pair pace back in the early 1990's
    on the big black horse (who literally made the earth rumble) at Plum Creek Hollow.

Wondered if House and Hound would stay open. Thought they had another location more in towards Denver.

Remember Franktown Feed and Tack....they closed about the time we moved
    to Texas and actually they moved about 25 miles from us. Owners had owned
    a good size chunk of land in this area for years. They opened an English tack shop between Aubrey and Denton about 4-5 years ago (everything else with
    English is gone from like a 30-mile or more radius). Finally stopped in a few months ago and it was nice to catch up. Franktown Feed expanded so much
    during the time we lived there. The new place is called On the Bit, new building.
    Don't know how well they doing but it's full of neat stuff.

Thanks BasqueMom, it is nice to know that Franktown Feed still lives. That was a wonderful place to send DH to be taken in hand to shop for my Christmas present, as the results were always a nice suprise. (Was it Judy and Bill??) Anyway, they know their english stuff, and I am glad they are doing OK in the Aubrey, Tx area.

Horse and Hound did have a store in Greenwood Village, but closed it to move to Franktown. The opening of Dover should be jammed as the Colo Horse Park Summer Circuit will be in full swing by next weekend.

BTW, the USHJA Hunter Derby there is next Sunday morning, 26th, on the big Derby Field. Should be pleasant weather in the morning to spectate.