The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jersey fresh

Anybody onsite with insight to "RF" and "E" mishaps in the CIC**?

Check out Eventing Nation -- there are some details there...
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother

Isn't it awesome to already see some video up? What a great guy! Love you, John.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

I so love seeing the two younger riders Tiana & Jennifer at the top of the CIC 3*. You go girls!

Wow, I cant believe it. I was on the way home from visiting my horses, saw New Jersey horse park off the highway pulled in and saw a CCI and Philip Dutton ? doing the water course. Then saw parts of the the **.
    The water jump was called Jersey Shore. I left just as someone fell at a jump. Hope they are okay. But wow, just wow.
    (I'm hunter/pleasure rider, no knowledge of Eventing .)

Oh Chall - how fun for you! I am so glad you stopped. How long did you stay and watch? Was it cool?
    And of course, you cannot say now that you have no knowledge of eventing since you've watched an international three day event cross country day! You are dipping a foot into The Dark Side!
    I hope you had a good time. There are a couple more lower level events at NJHP later this summer, check out the Omnibus at the USeventing.com website. Area II - scroll down to see the July dates.
    Hope you had fun!

retreadeventer, scoutin' for the dark side!!!

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

Heidi's mom Guest

I'm not a rider, but live close by and have gone to Jersey Fresh for several years.

I saw the fall that happened today in the CIC2*. I'm pretty sure the pair that fell were Shannon Baker and Cordonelli. Not sure of all the terminology, but I think the fence was an oxer with two solid logs spaced maybe 2-3 feet apart. As they jumped, the horse's one front leg went between the two logs and he did a somersault. The horse got up right away and seemed okay. Shannon got up a few minutes later with help from the EMTs. I'm very glad that they both seemed to be okay especially with so many serious injuries from rotational falls.

Laine Ashker was two horses behind the one that fell and was stopped on course. I don't know if she knew what happened, but I'm sure if she did it must have been unsettling for her. At any rate, I think she had a double clear round.

Hey guys, Chronicle staffers Lisa Slade and I are at Jersey Fresh reporting on all the action. Check out www.chronofhorse.com for full coverage, photos (including a great series of Laine Ashker's mare's HUGE leap into the water) and video!!

Molly Sorge

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Sorge View Post
    Hey guys, Chronicle staffers Lisa Slade and I are at Jersey Fresh reporting on all the action. Check out www.chronofhorse.com for full coverage, photos (including a great series of Laine Ashker's mare's HUGE leap into the water) and video!!

Molly Sorge
    Molly, your photos are excellent. Nice job!!!

Yes, you folks are making getting work done on the week-ends much less onerous. I am living vicariously through the updates.

EN is reporting that Phillip Dutton, Will Faudree, Buck Davidson, and Boyd Martin approached the Ground Jury to voice concerns among many of the riders about "the officiating." The reported expresses sympathy with those concerns.

Can anyone who was there, or heard from someone who was, say specifically what was up with concerns expressed? EN listed dressage scoring discrepancies; footing concerns not addressed; pulling up J. Phoenix and "poor communications with the riders." What up?

I haven't read the report on EN but was there. Will agree with the dressage scoring discrepancies- DH received the EXACT same raw score from two judges and a score that was 23 points lower from the third (no points for guessing who the third judge was). I maybe could have understood it if there were insightful comments to accompany the lower score, but nowhere in the commentary did it indicate what went wrong to warrant the low numbers.

The footing was pretty tough, though I think they were out aerovating up until xc day. It certainly wasn't the worst I've seen, but for such a supposedly high caliber event, it definitely could have been prepped better.

I won't comment on the J Phoenix issue since I didn't see her ride, but I'm sure the ground jury did not make the decision lightly.

As far as communication- definitely agree! I think it was more of an organizer issue than an official issue, but the scheduling was very unclear- ride and jog times were all posted very last minute and the division order of go changed on a daily basis... and if you had a horse in the YEH classes, forget it.

For all those complaints though, it was a great weekend overall. Footing aside, the xc looked great and rode well (for the most part) and the volunteers were fantastic.

Does anyone know what horses were asked to stay over to Monday to be vetted for the Pan Ams?

I know Lynn and Donner were, and Lisa and Smart Move, but those are the only two I heard of directly.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasusmom View Post
    Anyone know who the photographer was?
    I think it was Shannon Brinkman, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Quote Originally Posted by Alibhai's Alibar View Post
    I think it was Shannon Brinkman, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Yep!

Ok...and for a most important choice.....

Who...who got best turned out?????:-)
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by annikak View Post
    Ok...and for a most important choice.....

Who...who got best turned out?????:-)

These guys! --> http://www.jeffkibbie.com/JeffKibbie...99s_Go___.html