The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Question for Owners of Fuller Fillies Half Chaps

I saw that Smartpak had the Fuller Fillies Sparkle huggy halfchaps on sale for $55. I had heard good things about them so decided for less money, I can deal with the bling.

They come and actually I think the bling is nice. Try them on - fit great which is a relief as my calves are just over 17.5".

Ive worn them around the barn while doing chores a few times and today I rode in them for the first time. However near the end of the ride I noticed that the right one's zipper had seperated from the top down. Due to the zipper being the big, thick kind, I could not get the actual pull part of the zipper to go back up so they I could take off the half chaps. I had to call Smartpak and tell the lady what was going on and that I was going to have to cut the elastic that goes under the boot to get them off but I need to return them. Thankfully she noted my account and I will talk to an actual rep (she just answered phones on Sunday) tomorrow.

Anyways, so cut the elastic and got the half chap off. Even with it off, I couldnt get the zipper to go back up so I could try to get it to align again.

I was actually pleased with the quality of the leather and how they fit but having this zipper issue esp in the first ride is a little annoying! Has anyone else had this issue? I am considering having SP send me a new pair and see if this was just a fluke pair but I am interested in others experiences.

Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

I have a pair of their synthetic half-chaps and I haven't had a problem with the zipper. You probably just got a bad pair.

I have a pair of the regular leather half chaps, they have been just fine in the year that I've had them. I was so happy that they came in regular sizes now because for the price I couldn't beat not getting them.
    Last edited by mypaintwattie; Oct. 6, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA/ PtHA Mare

I have some FF half chaps for a couple months now.. no problems. I do wish they were lined on the non-stretchy part though. I ride multiple horses and while they give a lovely close contact feel, I would not mind more protection for the inside of my calf.
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

That is good to hear!

I spoke to a CS rep from SP today and of course they have amazing customer service so are emailing me a return label so I can send them back and I told them that I really liked the half chaps and have heard great things so I would like to get another pair and hope this was a fluke so they are sending another pair out. WTG SP.

Hope this was just a bad pair. Thanks for the experiences.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!