The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My Hunting Dream

I was dressed in def. informal season clothes. Unloaded my mare from the trailer and got on. I didn't see any hounds. We lined up at the back of a huge field of riders.
    Mare had not hunted before but was extremely interested. All I could think of was "she's only in a snaffle bit".
    The field started off, members were helping newbies, but I was left behind. Must be getting Freudian here....
    Soon everyone was gone. "Strange," thought I, but practiced riding up and down the hills and in the fields.
    After awhile, the field returned. Then it suddenly dawned on me that I had not contacted the hunt secretary or any member of the hunt prior to showing up. I hadn't approached anyone at the hunt or paid my capping fee.
    The only positive thing out of my dream was realizing that Cleveland Bays are great hunters and mine was ready to go without any prior introduction to the hunt field.
    Odd, just odd.

Well,going only by what you posted, what is odd to me is that you did not go with the field when they moved off! You say you lined up at the back of the field. So...????

True you should have made contact in advance and again found and spoken to MFH or hunt secretary or field secretary before mounting up, and paid your capping fee, but are you saying you did not speak to anyone as you were getting ready? Or mounted up at the back of the field? Not even a friendly nod and 'hey, how ya doin'? That's indeed odd.

If I were you, I'd mail the capping fee to the MFH with an apology and go from there! Foxhunters are friendly and forgiving folks, but communication is a two way street!

Beverly. I believe the OP is talking about a literal dream.

YES! Oh, yes, it was a dream!!!

I would be mortified if I even considered acting like that in a real situation!!!! I'd have to buy the entire field a libation of their choice and throw myself in the mud begging mercy and forgiveness!!!

Oh. Duh. Maybe a glass of wine will improve my reading comprehension. Later!

3dogfarm read both of Beverley's posts with knitted brow, downturned mouth, and several tsk tsks!
    Do not, for one moment, think you can get away with only ONE glass of wine! No! The punishment must fit the crime!
    Ye must down an entire bottle of wine over the course of the evening. No arguing! No mea culpa! Git to it! Bottoms up!

I guess if we were to analyze your dream, we could conclude it wasn't evidence of anxiety on your part.

If it was - you'd have arrived at the meet naked!
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

JSwan
    Gaack!!! I don't have enough blonde hair to cover meself Lady Godiva style!!!
    Nekked? Geez-don't get up in two point , don't do a sitting trot
    Too much information???

Wink 3 D you rascal!!

There's NOT enough wine to get those images outa ma haid!! aaahhhhhh Break out the brain bleach!!
    A dream sequence train wreck in the making...c'mon gang! We can do this!

My hunting dream sequence begins....
    "WG pulls her rig into the meet parked next to 3dog.....hops out and her groom hops out the passenger side (see...WG likes to drive!) and prepares her horse for her to ride/hunt....He's shirtless,big, muscley, tanned and wearing just....tight jeans....and is sweating........" bla, bla, bla...WG goes hunting, rides well, looks good in riding clothes, has a fabulous horse etc.....you get the picture!

3dog unashamedly (?) snatches WG's dream:
    3dog alights from her cah in her navy, form fitting ride aside togs. Sven, one of the Sjorenson twins 3dog has stolen from WG, puts out a strong manly thigh. 3dog, sipping daintily from her flask/decanter/jug/mason jar, places an tiny booted foot on Sven's leg and he boosts her into the saddle.
    "Talley ho, ya'll", breathes 3dog, as Sven joins her on his Ayrab/TB/Friesian/WB black frothing stallion, and they ride into the sunset, following the hounds.
    neener neener!

Default Well, I had an actual dream the other day

My dream was that I could fit back into my 25 yr old beautiful brown field boots that I have sadly outgrown. It was just a little dream snippet but a very nice one at that.
    -Painted Wings

Set youself apart from the crowd, ride a paint horse, you're sure to be spotted

Quote Originally Posted by 3dogfarm View Post
    No! The punishment must fit the crime!
    Ye must down an entire bottle of wine over the course of the evening.
    Well, if I can get credit for prior achievements, I did that and more recently in Europe...you'd be amazed.

But cumulatively, between last night and tonight, I have accomplished your requirement...