The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default RIP Mukluk- my best kitty.

Today my cat Mukluk was put down- at home by my vet. She was diagnosed with chronic renal failure in 2008- rebounded and had a few very good years- but declined in the past month. She wasn't going to get any better so putting her down was the kind thing to do. She was having trouble walking today so it was clear it was time. She lived a good life and was my best ever kitty. I got her, her mama, and her sister when she was still a nursing kitten. The three were abandoned in a park. I will really really miss her. She had a good last day on this earth with plenty of tuna, broiled salmon, fresh catnip, time spent outside, and all the love I could dish out. Be sure to hug your kitties or what have you today- life is very precious.

Aww sorry to hear that but sounds like she had a great last day.

Will say that i love her name. Not sure why but makes me smile

P.

I'm so sorry about your kitty. They live a long time and they are such a part of your daily life that it is really lonely when they go. I'm sure she's chasing mice and rolling in catnip fields now.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

So sorry! You were both lucky to have each other.

So very sorry for your loss. Mukluk and her family were so lucky to have chosen you! I've thought of you all week- she will be waiting for you with rubs and purrs...

Thanks everyone. I do think she had a good last day. My friend brought over some flowers with several sprigs of fresh catnip in the morning. There is nothing like fresh catnip! Ask any cat. Mukluk was having trouble walking and jumping up on things yesterday which had not previously been the case. I left to go get the salmon and a rose bush to plant on her grave in the afternoon. When I returned she was on top of the kitchen cabinet which requires quite a bit of climbing (to the kitchen counter to the top of the fridge to the top of the cabinet. I don't know how she possibly managed that. She was the most amazing cat. Before the vet arrived, I broiled a salmon filet and she LOVED it! I hand fed it to her and also gave some to the other cats. I do hope there is some sort of afterlife and she is rolling in fields of catnip, playing in the sun, chasing lizards, and drinking from a fountain that has plenty of ice cubes in it (she was crazy about ice cubes). Cherish your time with your kitties and other pets. Life is so precious.

Default RIP Mukluk ~ Hugs to the family she leaves behind ~

Thoughts and prayers and hugs ~

RIP Mukluk ~ knowing you will always be loved and remembered ~

I am sorry ~ I too, adopted an abandoned mother cat, Minky with two girl kittens, Hillary and O.J. ... they have now all crossed the Rainbow Bridge but will always be in my heart ~

Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

You guys were lucky to have each other-- what a peaceful passing you gave her, which was a wonderful gift.

RIP Mukluk. You were well loved.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

What a wonderful kitty she was, thank you for sharing her story, Godspeed Mukluk. She was a lucky cat to have you as an owner. You made her last day a very good one and I'm sure she's on the other side happy and well.