The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boot help for the wide foot (human not horse)

Help! My feet grew with kid #3. How rude is that? They got longer and wider. My 12 year old Ariat field boots no longer fit. I have blisters all over the pointy parts of my feet. Ouch!

I need a size 11 *wide* foot, tall height (I am 5'11"), regular width calf. The wide foot part seems to be the hard part.

I do not have $1k+ to drop on lovely custom boots but I am fearing that I may not have any other options. Does anyone make anything like this???
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Men's boots?

Call Dehners & see if they have any orphan boots that match your measurements?

If you are looking for short, schooling boots, the Ariat Terrains have a nice wide toe box. And seem to run large, so fitting shouldn't be too hard. I normally wear a 39 these days, but the best fit in these was a 37.5.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

For paddocks that are very comfy, try the Dublin Venturer. Farm House has them with free shipping. They run about 1/2 size bigger than ariats, with much more room in the toes.

For tall boots, I have no clue. I know men's ariats are not very wide in the toe, as I have some of their cowboy boots that only came in men's. It's just the heel that's wide.

I need size 8-9 super wide feet (triple E) wide calf and tall. Mountain horse have always fit well and they run $200 to $300. I also found some Ovation for $200 that are front zip dressage high boots. With size 11 feet, you should have an easier time than I do. If you just measure you feet and leg according the the charts they have, it works really well. This is coming from someone who has a REALLY hard time fitting shoes. I had custom Dehners from 25 years ago, and when the Beagle ATE them, I had to try ordering online. It's worked really well.

Oh and to make matters worse, I developed a bunion. Yay. Thanks for the suggestions all! Hopefully I can find something!

I just switched to mens, since womans 10s were too small.
    I am a real fragile thing of beauty, as we Southern Women say.

Just ordered some men's Mountain Horse field boots... crossing my fingers....