The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fair Hill - just want to say thanks :)

That simple. I just wanted to thank everyone for such a lovely day there yesterday. The weather was gorgeous, the park is gorgeous, the staff and all of the volunteers were lovely, helpful, and cheerful, and just about everyone I walked near had a smile on their face and something nice to say. On top of all that the course was great (Novice) and I loved the mowed paths through to all of the jumps. I just had such a nice, nice day and it's so different from going to an A show off in hunterland (where I normally live). It also was nice that my brand-spanking-new-to-eventing mare was fantastic and we had a great run, but it's really the people and the place that can make or break your day!

Does anyone know who the photographers were, btw?
    ...for there are wings on these hooves, the speed and power of foam-capped waves...
    *~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*
    Proud member of the artists clique

I love Fair Hill - unless it's pouring - it is so pretty! Glad their event went well.

GRC was there and were kind enough to let us run the stadium announcing system off their generator.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/store.aspx?p=32041

http://grcphoto.com/
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Thanks so much scubed! I am hoping for a couple nice pictures of the mare I was competing as we are thinking about selling her as an event horse. She REALLY prefers eventing to hunters and I think I am going to see one happy mare in those photos!
    ...for there are wings on these hooves, the speed and power of foam-capped waves...

It was such a great show! So thankful to the volunteers (esp the one that was cheering for me as I went by her jump!)

And a big thanks to the stadium steward who allowed me to jump 20mins after my assigned time because I forgot my medical arm band at the trainer!

Ditto what the OP said! The organizers were fantastic. Mary C. even hunted down the course designer so she could tell me how long the Novice course was (2200 meters if you're curious, I knew it felt long!) Mary also took a slightly confused phone call Saturday night (Ummm hi...our group is here...I think we found our stalls...are we allowed to ride? Where do we go? Where's xc? etc) Huge thanks to her and all the really nice volunteers.

Also, big thanks to my pony for a stellar dressage test, getting me over that enormous ditch in one piece, and for our first blue ribbon in eventer land

Hey! How about filling out an evaluation then?
    http://www.usea2.net/forms/event-evaluation-form
    It would be greatly appreciated!
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid

This was an unrecognized event, so not sure the evaluation is relevant.

Glad it went so well! My barn had a very successful day! I can't wait to see the photos.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

It was SUCH a blast, V! The mare was SO fantastic! In the land of woulda-couldas, we were one backwards step in front of the bank away from being second our first time out! She shimmied around in front of the little downbank before stepping off, but hey, it was only her second time ever seeing a bank, sooooooo... I can't complain!

Here's a picture my mom took (it was nice to have Mom and Dad there to watch on Mother's Day!): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...6662139&type=1

Mary was also so sweet to me! I was a late entry and bugged her 87 ways from Sunday about if I got in and when I went and she was so pleasant! We are hoping to make it to the HT in July and bring our A/A jumper too!

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith Clark View Post
    It was such a great show! So thankful to the volunteers (esp the one that was cheering for me as I went by her jump!)

And a big thanks to the stadium steward who allowed me to jump 20mins after my assigned time because I forgot my medical arm band at the trainer!
    So that's what happened to you in cross country! I kept looking at my watch waiting for you to get on cross country and was wondering why you were so late!

Mary was also so sweet to me!
    Mary Coldren completely rocks!! We only wish all event secretaries were so good to us

Quote Originally Posted by GreystoneKC View Post
    It was SUCH a blast, V! The mare was SO fantastic! In the land of woulda-couldas, we were one backwards step in front of the bank away from being second our first time out! She shimmied around in front of the little downbank before stepping off, but hey, it was only her second time ever seeing a bank, sooooooo... I can't complain!

Here's a picture my mom took (it was nice to have Mom and Dad there to watch on Mother's Day!): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...6662139&type=1

Mary was also so sweet to me! I was a late entry and bugged her 87 ways from Sunday about if I got in and when I went and she was so pleasant! We are hoping to make it to the HT in July and bring our A/A jumper too!
    How awesome for her first event! I am super excited for you!!! Maybe I'll be there to watch next time!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Mary Coldren is awesome! I had to scratch, but willbe back next time!
    My big man - April 27, 1986 - September 04, 2008-
    You're with me every moment, my big red horse.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle of some kind.

Are we sure GRC was the photographer? Still nothing posted on their site and they seem to have taken pictures at another trial on the same day? I'm really excited to see pictures!

Their RV was parked right next to me. It said GRC. They sometimes do multiple events on the same day.

Are we sure GRC was the photographer? Still nothing posted on their site and they seem to have taken pictures at another trial on the same day? I'm really excited to see pictures!
    Yea I wish they would post pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith Clark View Post
    Yea I wish they would post pics!
    Thanks scubed!
    Yes, I am seriously STALKING their site! Everyone who knows me and this mare are begging for pics and can't wait to see her going cross country! lol

Yes it was a great day and a well run event! I was thrilled to have it as my return to eventing after a year off. Mary was great to me too - she made sure I got a course map so that I could walk the course Sat am - I had to work until 9pm that evening.

Thanks scubed!
    Yes, I am seriously STALKING their site! Everyone who knows me and this mare are begging for pics and can't wait to see her going cross country! lol
    Me too! Still no pics...I keep hitting refresh...