The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Balou du Rouet 30 day test scores?

Can someone point me in the right direction of where to find the complete list of his scores? I have done a few searches and am coming up empty-handed. I am sure there is some ridiculously easy way to locate them and I am just overlooking it. Would appreciate the assistance.

Baloubet du Rouet was tested at Vechta from 02/27 – 03/28/2002
    Overall score 8,80 - Dressage 8,3 - Jumping 9,2
    (see also Hanoverian stallion book at http://service.vit.de/hvp/liste.do;j...1D23E10BB474E8
    The individual scores are not available online, but can be found in the 2002 FN Yearbook. I looked them up for you:
    Scores during the training days
    Interieur 9,0
    Ridebility 9,0
    Walk 8,0
    Trot 8,0
    Canter 8,0
    Jumping 9,5
    Scores at the testing after 30 days
    Walk 9,0
    Trot 8,0
    Canter 8,5
    Jumping 10,0
    Ridebility 8,5

Since the original question was answered, may I ask what kind of mares should he be bred to?

Thanks for positng his scores I was looking for them as well so thanks again.

Callaway I can tell you the type of mares we picked for him as we just has two Balou colts from our KWPN mares a month ago and are very pleased with the results!

You can see our colts on our website if you like.

Glowstick P (Balou du Rouet x Olympic Ahorn x Lord Calando):
    http://www.primaequestrian.com/2011_...lowstick_P.php

Guru du Rouet P (Balou du Rouet x Olympic Ferro x Double Leader xx):
    http://www.primaequestrian.com/2011_...du_Rouet_P.php

There are photos of both foals in their galleries and we will be adding more photos soon. You can also see more photos on our Facebook page, see link below.

Both mares we selected for him are similiar in type both modern. I do not think Balou would cross well on a older heavy type for best results.

Balou seems to very much stamp his offspring both of our colts are well developed, very attractive with beautiful heads, large expressive eyes and they are fantastic to work with just super minds.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PrimaEquestrian

Quote Originally Posted by Brigitta View Post
    Baloubet du Rouet was tested at Vechta from 02/27 – 03/28/2002
    Overall score 8,80 - Dressage 8,3 - Jumping 9,2
    (see also Hanoverian stallion book at http://service.vit.de/hvp/liste.do;j...1D23E10BB474E8
    The individual scores are not available online, but can be found in the 2002 FN Yearbook. I looked them up for you:
    Scores during the training days
    Interieur 9,0
    Ridebility 9,0
    Walk 8,0
    Trot 8,0
    Canter 8,0
    Jumping 9,5
    Scores at the testing after 30 days
    Walk 9,0
    Trot 8,0
    Canter 8,5
    Jumping 10,0
    Ridebility 8,5
    Thank you SO much! I appreciate you looking those up. I would looooove if I could also get my hands on scores related to conformation. Is this possible? Are there any such records that exist?

Post BALOUBET du Rouet OR BALOU du Rouet?

Thanks for the info Brigitta.

Are those scores above for BALOUBET DU ROUET, or his SON, BALOU DU ROUET (who the OP STARTED THE THREAD FOR)? We have had 11 Balou du Rouet foals, out of 4 very different KWPN mares.... If you would like to see them, they can be viewed at www.sportingchancefarm.com .
    Sporting Chance Farm/Dr Carlos and Karin Jimenez
    Breeders of International Quality KWPN Horses
    2006 KWPN-NA Breeders of the Year/2006 Res CH USDF DSHB Breeders Year
    www.sportingchancefarm.com

Oh, bummer. It looks like the scores were from Balou du Rouet's sire, Baloubet du Rouet (after going back and rereading the post). Thanks for pointing that out Karin.

Still searching for Balou du Rouet's scores...

Also, Karin-- thought I should mention: One of the main reasons I became interested in Balou du Rouet was because of your gorgeous mare, Bleu SCF. Absolutely stunning!

I'm confused, Baloubet was born in 1989 and the scores are from 2002? These are likely Balou's scores.

Smile

"Also, Karin-- thought I should mention: One of the main reasons I became interested in Balou du Rouet was because of your gorgeous mare, Bleu SCF. Absolutely stunning!"

THANK YOU!!<G>
    Sporting Chance Farm/Dr Carlos and Karin Jimenez
    Breeders of International Quality KWPN Horses
    2006 KWPN-NA Breeders of the Year/2006 Res CH USDF DSHB Breeders Year
    www.sportingchancefarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by risingstarfarm View Post
    I'm confused, Baloubet was born in 1989 and the scores are from 2002? These are likely Balou's scores.
    If they are from 2002, they have to be Balou's scores. He would have been 3 y/o in 2002, so at the right age to do a 30DT.

I doubt his sire did a 30DT as I am not even sure they HAD the 30DT back when he was a 3 y/o (1992). I think the 30 DT's didn't start until sometime after 2000.

DownYonder,

Thanks for the useful information.

Does anyone have any sort of conformation scores or any further inspection/testing information for him? I have searched all over but am not able to pull up much of anything.

The scores I looked up are for Balou du Rouet... sorry about accidentally typing in his sire's name... ;-))

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
    Does anyone have any sort of conformation scores or any further inspection/testing information for him? I have searched all over but am not able to pull up much of anything.
    Conformation scores from stallion inspections are not released to anyone but the owner. Some owners will pass on the info if asked by a mare owner, but many do not.

As for further testing after the 30DT, I believe he qualified for the Bundeschampionat, so would have met the final performance requirements that way and would not have been required to do a 70DT.