The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Central MA horse peeps

I have a friend (non-horsey), who has a friend, who is moving to central MA and is looking for "an equestrian center" (her words not mine) in or near concord, berlin, bolton or sudbury...my non-horsey friend didn't know what discipline her friend rides or what amenities she might want, so I am looking for all suggestions with good care being most important

Thanks!!

New England has a local BB that is great - Equinesite.com. It also lists a large number of farms & stables and is a great resource. It will be helpful to her if she refers to those towns as "MetroWest" and not Central MA. We think of Central MA as a bit further west than Bolton/Sudbury/Concord. Those towns are considered commuting distance to Boston.

If she ends up a bit more south Central MA then send her to me. I've just taken over the lease on a nice little equestrian center and I can promise great care. Dressage, Eventing, & HJ

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

Your friend can also check the local New England equine publications - The Horsemen's Yankee Pedlar and the Equine Journal, I think they are both available online in digital format now.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

I'd also try Massachusetts Horse Magazine. Also, if she events, the Area 1 website has a lot of trainers & barns listed.

Definitely have them check out the forums on equinesite.com - lots of locals there!

More info would help - I'm in Maynard and started riding again about two tears ago, so fairly recently did a thorough scouring of the barns around here. And there are a TON!! She definitely won't face a lack of choices!!

Default Berlin MA with Indoors

Highland Hill Farm - great people, very nice facility http://www.laineyjohnson.com/highlandhillfarm.html

Orchard Hill Equestrian Center - great facility, childrens program
    http://orchardhillequestriancenter.com/

I believe that there are others that will have indoors soon...

I think it might help you get more reponses if you found out her background, discipline, etc. Does she currently have a horse? That sort of stuff. If you can!