The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gals mount Voice. Tell me everything.

I know he is a young stallion, and I was really looking for proven, but he seems to fit exactly why I'm looking for. Has anyone seen him in the flesh? tell me what you think about him, and be honest, I can't afford a trip to Germany to go take a peek (much to my dismay ;-)

I'm particularly looking for good temperment and ridability. Good neck set with family lines that have good neck sets.

I love his breeding.

Tell me your thoughs of him and potential mares to put to him. :-) thanks in advance!
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." *Thomas Edison
    A champion is a dreamer that refused to give up!!

I asked about this guy on this forum a couple weeks ago, and then sent an email requesting conformation shots from the stud farm, had one reply to clarify what I meant by conformation shots (maybe they are called something else in Europe?) , I replied, then never heard back..
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

I had found a Confo shot online somewhere... I'll hve to find the link when I get home. Now that I think about it, I'm REALLY hoping it was him! Lol

I'd send another email. Sometimes they do get lost in space. If they responded to the first, there's no reason for a long delay in a second.

And do share what you find out. :-) hehe!
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." *Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by vita_impavida View Post
    I know he is a young stallion, and I was really looking for proven, but he seems to fit exactly why I'm looking for. Has anyone seen him in the flesh? tell me what you think about him, and be honest, I can't afford a trip to Germany to go take a peek (much to my dismay ;-)

I'm particularly looking for good temperment and ridability. Good neck set with family lines that have good neck sets.

I love his breeding.

Tell me your thoughs of him and potential mares to put to him. :-) thanks in advance!
    He is DeNiro/Rohdiamont. DeNiro is not particularly know for good neck set however in his offspring. The neck on Voice may be coming from Rohdiamont.

Super dam line! Not sure of the type of mare he might need as he doesn't have many foals on the ground as far as I know.

http://cms.kwpn.nl/mediafile/0002/86...urhengsten.pdf

This link lists all the basic stats, including number of breedings and foals on the ground, testing scores, recommendations for type of mares, basic pedigree, etc. for all KWPN dressage stallions. You can access Voice's foal report, testing report, and more. He has close to 400 foals on the ground. There are pictures and videos of a few of his foals in the foal auction archives, www.veulenveilingen.nl. Search on youtube, and you can find some footage of Emmy de Jeu's Voice colt under saddle and moving free.

Roseknoll Sporthorses
    www.roseknoll.net

Wow, 400 foals on the ground? How old are the oldest?

Donella - Voice is a 2002 model, so I think you can assume that he started breeding in 2006.....
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

I guess I am just surprised as I tried to look for offspring videos ect a few months ago and wasn't able to find much. I thought maybe they were just focusing on sport and not so much the breeding.. obviously I was mistaken.

Is it me or does he have feet like a saddlebred? Wow look at the height of heel!
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

I read somewhere the mare needs length of front leg - forgot where I read it. I love him

That advice is on the KWPN stallion site.

SSF and YL thank you for the links!!! Tons of info!

I had heard he needs a mare with length of leg. My question to that is, what do they mean by length? My mare has longer legs for her body and they are light and straight, but I wouldn't say she has stilts or legs like Vivaldi (his go on forever! Lol)

Sorta near the Devon Horse Show grounds...

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeLawyer View Post
    I LOVE where it says "approved children" and "approved grandchildren"

Thanks for this link, YL!
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
    www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
    http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post
    Donella - Voice is a 2002 model, so I think you can assume that he started breeding in 2006.....
    Siegi - do the Dutch stallions not start breeding until they are 4 y/o?

In Germany, they usually start breeding at age 3.

Quote Originally Posted by vita_impavida View Post
    SSF and YL thank you for the links!!! Tons of info!

I had heard he needs a mare with length of leg. My question to that is, what do they mean by length? My mare has longer legs for her body and they are light and straight, but I wouldn't say she has stilts or legs like Vivaldi (his go on forever! Lol)
    They recommend mares with length in the foreleg - meaning he is a bit short-legged in front, which is very common in most WBs and a holdover from the older style horses/older bloodlines. Length of foreleg is one of the traits seen in "modern" type WBs. I have heard several very knowledgeable breeders say that the Sandro Hit line is one of the few that reliably passes on length of foreleg, so perhaps SH daughters would be good crosses with Voice in that regard.

1 members found this post helpful.

Bringing this back with the question: has anyone in North America gotten a foal from Voice via frozen? I know Judy Yancey did, but that's the only one I've heard of. TIA.

We have a Voice foal coming in May 2013 out of our Fidertanz/Harvard/Grundstein II mare. The foal has been sold and I could have sold it two other times.
    Nancy Holowesko
    www.crosiadorefarm.com
    Breeders of GOV Horses for Dressage

We are expecting a Voice embryo transfer foal in March 2013 from our Westpoint x Rousseau mare. I purchased the semen from Judy Yancey and the quality was very good. The donor was 3 years old at the time of breeding, had never been bred before and conceived with a single dose. She was bred by deep horn insemination using a timed ovulation protocol and the breeding was managed by Dr Robert Foss at Equine Medical Services in Colombia, Missouri. I recently purchased additional Voice semen for future use.