The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Default New Book Series "The A Circuit" by Georgina Bloomberg

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Heh...sounds exactly like something I wrote for a class a year ago...

http://chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254815

The title suggestion from that thread that I used was "The Circuit".
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Haha - oh man. Well hey, maybe horses will be the next big thing instead of vampires. And then we can get some hot guys in breeches on TV.
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMutt View Post
    Haha - oh man. Well hey, maybe horses will be the next big thing instead of vampires. And then we can get some hot guys in breeches on TV.
    Yes to both!
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, you'd best order it and make sure it wasn't plagiarized! You sent some copies out, yes?

On another note, I'll go on record now saying THE COVER IS STUPID and WRONG. It's supposed to be the A circuit and a teenager is holding an in-hand horse with the lead shank snapped to what exactly? It's privately published so I'm looking forward to lots of typos. Oh yes, if it's available on Kindle, I'll read it Just so I can add it to a future Off Topic Day "Worst Books You've Read" thread!
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    Well, you'd best order it and make sure it wasn't plagiarized! You sent some copies out, yes?

On another note, I'll go on record now saying THE COVER IS STUPID and WRONG. It's supposed to be the A circuit and a teenager is holding an in-hand horse with the lead shank snapped to what exactly? It's privately published so I'm looking forward to lots of typos. Oh yes, if it's available on Kindle, I'll read it Just so I can add it to a future Off Topic Day "Worst Books You've Read" thread!
    Haha I noticed that too. And you know, I TOTALLY wear scarves to the barn.
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

Worse, the thing was picked up by a publisher. Currently never to be released however, as it is lost in cover art copyright hell. They won't even let me have a copy.

Strikingly similar synopsis and title, but neither are exactly the height of creativity, so I'm not that surprised or concerned. Should be a good, if trashy, read.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

And full make up and draw on my inner bitch (which is actually quite close to the surface) so I can have a 'don't F with me' scowl on my face at all times. Even though pretty much no one is there at the barn when I ride anyway. But I wanna look good. You know? So, the right scarf, appropriately coiled around my neck is key to the 'look'. You laugh but in certain situations, i.e., broken leadrope, that scarf can come in handy. Why, it can even be used as a tourniquet. Beauty and fashion does have its functions.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Do Bloomberg's own Bloomsbury publishing?
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

is it sad that i kind of want to read these?

Lots of people do.

They may or may not own it, but it's basically a self publishing site from what I can tell. Like Lulu. My SO's brother used Lulu to self publish a book of architect-related cartoons. It came with the Lulu 'imprint' and name on the spine. It's the only self published book I've ever read without typos. That's because it contained only pictures!

They may or may not own it, but it's basically a self publishing site from what I can tell. Like Lulu. My SO's brother used Lulu to self publish a book of architect-related cartoons. It came with the Lulu 'imprint' and name on the spine. It's the only self published book I've ever read without typos. That's because it contained only pictures!
    I think you are wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Lots of people do.

Totally sounds like an accident waiting to happen to me.....

Although that is where natural selection comes in

Bloomsbury Publishing is the company that published Harry Potter I believe.

Strangely, The A Circuit is not listed on their site in the Coming Soon section, nor does a search yield any results.
    -George Morris

There is also Bloomsbury Publishing New York, and being Georgina Bloomberg, I guess I automatically assumed she'd use the NY company. Bloomsbury UK definitely publishes the Harry Potter books. The NY company is the one that appeared to be a self-publisher.

In any case, if she got an editor, and a proofreader, then maybe it will be readable trash, instead of just trash

On another note, I'll go on record now saying THE COVER IS STUPID and WRONG. It's supposed to be the A circuit and a teenager is holding an in-hand horse with the lead shank snapped to what exactly?
    Oh my. Now that is just sad. The lead shank appears to be clipped to...the end of the cheek piece where the bit normally attaches? It's a pity, really, because the horse is actually VERY well done...a little research on the part of the artist would have gone a long way here.

There is also Bloomsbury Publishing New York, and being Georgina Bloomberg, I guess I automatically assumed she'd use the NY company. Bloomsbury UK definitely publishes the Harry Potter books. The NY company is the one that appeared to be a self-publisher.

In any case, if she got an editor, and a proofreader, then maybe it will be readable trash, instead of just trash
    Bloomsbury USA is a subsidiary of Bloomsbury and is definitely not a self publisher. The book is on the opening page of Bloomsburykids.com.

She's gonna get slobbers on that white camisole. And love the heroin eyes makeup.

Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

http://www.bloomsburykids.com/books/...circuit_pb_348

Found it! Clearly researching ridiculous horse fiction is more interesting than my real-life academic publishing job, lol.

And I shamelessly just sent in a request for my local library to purchase this...