The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Unbridled Glory?

Anyone here know anything about a JC mare by the name of Unbridled Glory, by Unbridled? Just researching info on my gelding and can't seem to find much on his dam.. she didn't do much racing wise but I thought maybe someone here has met/seen her?

I've certainly never seen or met her, but there's lots of info on your horse's dam out there. She's a very nicely bred mare. She's had an okay career as a broodmare, too. 4 foals as of this year, 3 winners, including one G2-placed horse who is standing stud in Canada.

She's out of a strong female family-- her half brother, Lucky Pulpit, is standing stud in California, and she has a full brother standing stud in Indiana. She's out of the same family that produced the likes of Seattle Song and Unbridled's Song.

All in all, she makes for a nice catalog page!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Thanks for the info I guess my researching skills aren't that great lol. I wish I could find a picture of her or something. I was able to google my boy's sire (Storm Creek) but I'd love to see what she looked like, too.

She shows up on the catalog page one of the most expensive and prolific sires out there right now, Unbridled's Song. I'd be tickled if I had a horse out of a mare listed on a $100K sire's catalog page. Very successful family.

http://www.taylormadestallions.com/h...-song-953.html
    (click on "Pedigree" in the upper left, scroll down to the 2nd dam)

Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Unbridled's Song is one of my favorites and if I had the extra $$ just sitting around begging to be gambled on a foal I'd 100% find a mare to use him on. Maybe a In Reality mare.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Thanks, guys! My guy (Glory Creek) is no longer racing, and I've only had him a few weeks but I am absolutely in love with him! We were planning to start showing next month but he's got something going on with his knee, hopefully we get it cleared up soon. I just love finding out info on my horses relatives lol

Here's your guy's page from when he sold as a yearling: https://secure.keeneland.com/sales/sep06/pdfs/4273.pdf

He brought $27,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretttywaste View Post
    Thanks, guys! My guy (Glory Creek) is no longer racing, and I've only had him a few weeks but I am absolutely in love with him! We were planning to start showing next month but he's got something going on with his knee, hopefully we get it cleared up soon. I just love finding out info on my horses relatives lol
    And welcome to the Unbridled lines.....

I own one. Unbridled Songs can be "iffy" with knees and ankles. Thats not my opinion, thats a commonly known thing. Flashy, beautiful, and a bit fragile.

AS I said I own a son of Unbridled, he has an osselet and I know its not a big deal. But I have never ever xrayed his knees and God knows I don't want to know. Plausible deniability baby!! What we don't know can't hurt us!!! (Until it does of course )

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Omg xctrygirl that's so cool, thanks for posting!!!!!

And verrrrrry interesting on the knee/ankle issues with the unbridled song lines... I'll have to look that up as he is still have soundness issues and that's one more thing to look at.

I've got an Unbridled lined guy, but not Unbridled's Song and he's clean as can be, all joints... That's quite interesting though, maybe Song is throwing more after Mr. P's likes?
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I did just a quick google search and Unbridled lines in general seem to show a lot of soundness issues. Not sure whether this actually has anything to do with my boy or not, but definitely interesting.

Appy,

Your's is the 3rd gen away from Unbridled himself. Thus the dam's influence in those other 2 gens has most assuredly played a part.

I knew your boy's dad and he had his own issues, mostly size related.

I think that Pretty and I have horses closer to the source. Unbridled has passed issues, but moreso Unbridled Song has passed way more issues in the soundness department.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    Appy,

Your's is the 3rd gen away from Unbridled himself. Thus the dam's influence in those other 2 gens has most assuredly played a part.

I knew your boy's dad and he had his own issues, mostly size related.

I think that Pretty and I have horses closer to the source. Unbridled has passed issues, but moreso Unbridled Song has passed way more issues in the soundness department.

~Emily
    Could very well be. All I said was that it was interesting to me that it's showing up more in Unbridled's Song babies than some of Unbridled's other get's offspring.

LOL, my guy definitely did not inherit the size issues, he's 16.3ish and still growing.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.