The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face 2 Sweet Rabbits FTGH

We have two rabbits that we are looking to rehome.

George is 7 years old and is supposed to be a Lop mix but I'm not really sure. I bought him as a baby from the petstore. He is a big wuss in the cage and usually runs into his house when we walk up to the cage but he is SO sweet and once he's out he's fine. Not a mean bone in his body. George is neutered.

Ginger is a 7 year old Rex. She's more outgoing than George and is very sweet. Again, in her cage she can be a bit timid but she is ok when out. She loves treats. Ginger is spayed.

George and Ginger are housed together and have been for 5-6 years. Therefore, they need to be kept together. Both rabbits are probably each between 7-10 lbs. They are 90% litter trained... I'm not sure whether they occasionally go outside their litter box or if some of it just gets kicked out.

If you have any questions, you can respond to this thread or PM me on here. Thanks!

Pics:

George: http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s.../Georgers2.jpg

Ginger: http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s.../Gingerrs1.jpg

Album: http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s...abbits%20FTGH/
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Bump!! Anyone?
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

I don't want any rabbits, but bump! My Harriet and B are all the bunnies I need.

Rabbits are hysterically funny and enjoyable. They are very much like house horses—they eat the same things and share many of the same mannerisms. When mine are indoors for the winter, I get a big kick out of referring to their cages as "stalls". (Yeah, I'm easily entertained.)

Good luck!
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by didgery View Post
    I don't want any rabbits, but bump! My Harriet and B are all the bunnies I need.

Rabbits are hysterically funny and enjoyable. They are very much like house horses—they eat the same things and share many of the same mannerisms. When mine are indoors for the winter, I get a big kick out of referring to their cages as "stalls". (Yeah, I'm easily entertained.)

Good luck!
    Thanks! They are really sweet. We just don't have time to give enough attention to them (I know... textbook excuse. *sigh* ).

Here's a chapter of the HRS: http://rabbitsinthehouse.org/ They may be able to help. I foster buns for my area and have 2 of my own. Our shelter and foster homes are overflowing and we have a waiting list.
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!