The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My cat Mukluk insists on having ice cubes in her water. She gets all excited when she hears the ice cube bag rustle. She is a CRF kitty who is on the down slope and I don't think she will be around much longer. I hope there are a lot of ice cubes for her in the after life.

ohnyeah.. (pleaseexcuse any rally bad typing more than normal.. any idea how hard it iss to type with aBCx on your lap?)

Yup you read that rght my large bcx is n my lap/
    . Hehasto have his laptime at lease5xsa day.doesnt matter what i am doing when he wants it he take is.( he is now off my lap..)

If dh disiplines him he is on my lap.
    If he just wants time on the lap.

He also has the pee pee dance down to a fine art. He very well house broken and when he has to pee even a little bit bothers him and scares him to think he may have an accident.

I once had a cocker spaniel whom i miss dearly.
    He loved tomatoes they had to be fresh off the vine and red.He wouldgo out to do business and trot over to the tomato plants sniff around and find the one that is perfectly ripe and pick it of the vine. ( He did not eat the stems he left those on the floor for me to pick up) It got so bad that the last 5ish years when I planted tomato plnts I had to plant one for just him to pick from seperate from my plants.
    Friend of bar .ka

My Gordon Setter bitch absolutely covets the empty toilet paper rolls. Seriously. She will hear you hit the end of the roll and come running to the bathroom!! No I don't close the door when I'm home alone!

She will take them and stash them around the house and garden for later. We had a dinner party and I was sitting on my sofa thinking what the hell is that under the chair. Yup toilet paper roll.

She takes them and does the nose bury thing in my garden. I find them all over the place. She digs them up and will scour the house and put them in a pile about once a week; it's like she's taking inventory. "yup still have that one, ok here's my favorite one, ohhh forgot about that one". Very strange dog. It is the only thing that she ignores "drop it" with. I have to pry them out of her mouth. My husband brings them home from the office for her. Does she have us trained or what?
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

My Maine Coon cat, Lyric loves crackers - pretty much any kind. She loves watching the toilet flush and playing with drink straws. I have to play with her and a straw in the shower before I can take the shower..... She also climbs ladders... hmm maybe David Letterman is in her future.

Dieter (black rescue kitty) loves ice cubes and hair bands. He will carry the hair bands around, dunk them in his water dish, then throw them up in the air and catch it. I have a cat toy - long plush piece on a stick and that is his absolute favorite toy. He carries it around the house and will bring it to me on the bed, sofa, etc so I have to play with him then.

my cat likes earwax, its disgusting

he fishes out used q-tips, if I scratch at my ear he runs over to lick my hand and he has before come up to me while I was laying down and started to lick my ear.

ickky

oh yeah, he tries to stick his nose in the dogs ear and gets annoyed when the dog ficks his ears around

Our old Fox Terrier mutt loved to ride in the ranch truck so much that she left us for it... Yes, she rides in the truck all day long and at night she stays with my boyfriend's dad because he keeps the truck at his house... So we had a dog, and now my boyfriend's dad has a truck that comes with a dog. The funny thing is that she is an extremely friendly dog outside the truck, but as soon as she gets in it, you can leave the car running with the windows down and all the doors unlocked and not worry about anyone getting in because she'll freaking kill someone over her truck. There's only a few people allowed in HER truck.

the weirdest was my toy dachsund that I grew up with..she would be to go in to a trance like state and walk around the bed or curtains and let the fabric rub her back. It would take her five minutes to get around a king size bed. She was guaranteed to do it if My sister or I were playing our flutes (or my sister giving me a lesson)..Mandy would start halfway down the halway in the very slow walk with the glazed look on her face..she even lifted her legs slow and nothing could interupt her....it was and is the weirdest thing I have ever seen a dog do!
    I love my OTTB! I get my dressage test done faster!

Default Animal Planet

We have a Golden that watches Animal Planet with my girls and is completely into it. She literally watches, whines, grumbles here & there. When the "big cats" chase prey she jumps up and puts her front feet on the TV! Weird?!

Our barn cat LOVES to ride in the wheelbarrow after we've fed the horses. He doesn't like it when there is hay still in it, but he follows us out there, we feed, and then I usually tip the wheelbarrow down and he jumps in and gets a ride back to the barn. Never ever had a cat that loved to ride in the wheelbarrow, usually they jump out immediately. Not Yellow, he loves it!
    This is also the cat that will jump into any vehicle/camper/horse trailer while you're loading up to go. He stowed away in our camper one time and came to a high school equestrian team meet. Ever since then we've remembered t before we leave to, MAKE SURE THE CAT IS NOT IN THE VEHICLE!!

My grandma's Boxer/Border Collie is OBSESSED with the laser pointer. Actually any light. Her tag is shiny and when the sun hits it and makes a dot of light she's immediately at attention and trying to get it. I'll only do the laser pointer every once in a great while because she gets so obsessive over it.

Given the choice, Pippin will leave a steak and go for a banana. I have never seen a dog go crazy for bananas like he does.

Xander and Pittypat don't seem to have anything they go nuts for, but they are both rescues/abuse cases, so I think they are just starting to figure out it's ok to get excited about stuff.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

My cat LOVES paper. Not small sheets of paper so much, but bigger, crinkly paper like newspapers, wrapping paper and butcher paper. We had a loose grave rubbing that was all but torn to shreds because she was always laying on top of it. She'll use big papers to hide sometimes, but mostly she just likes to sleep on them. She also likes to lay on plastic bags, but is terribly afraid of them and goes running if you pick one up. Who knows?

We have a female cat that seeks out socks! She has been known to actually dig through a laundry basket to find them.....she'll leave pants, shirts etc. on the floor and we'll find several socks in our family room by morning. She's also carried them to us and dropped them at our feet as if it was her "kill". Strange...

My new dog likes to watch TV while lying on my bed, but only through the reflection of the mirror. He won't watch the TV directly, he will only stare at the reflection in the mirror.

My old Golden Retriever used to scratch her butt on the piano. She was the perfect height, she would walk under it and scratch away. If you happened to walk in the room when she was doing it, she would look so embarrassed at being "caught," she was normally the most dignified dog.

My old cat had a plastic fetish. She loved to lick and chew plastic bags. Ziplock bags, trash bags, shopping bags, she would lick them incessantly and leave little teeth marks all over them.

My old roommate in college had a cat that had a particular taste for fishing used female hygienic products out of the trash. Yep, he loved to dig them out and bat them around the kitchen floor. Not the most pleasant thing to wake up to in the morning.
    Last edited by Celeritas; May. 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling